Monday, November 2, 2009

Day 3: Grooming the furkids

Both B and M got their baths on Thurs. That will be their last baths till at least 3 weeks later. Just nice Plush Puppy arrived on time so they got their EPO spa treatment.

I think their seasonal shedding has ceased from the amount of fur I collected during their latest bath. It was at least twice lesser than the last time I bathed them after we got home from Mt Lemmon. That was the most fur I collected from the drain covers since they were pups and when they shook themselves dry, all the loosen fur got transferred to me instead, like magnet, coz I was drenched bathing them! With 2 times the fur, I look like snow monster after their baths.

I just used Ice on Ice on them this morning and brushed them through. That was supposed to reduce static but it didn't work on Maen: each time she sits near anything, the fur at her ears fly up towards whatever was nearest to her. At this same time last year, anyone could perform magic with Maen's ears. Just place your hands near them and you'll see the fur floating upwards!

Both of them got their paws and ears trimmed too. Maen looks sweet, Baileys looks .... feminine.

Since we're at the topic of static now, I might as well note down something funny:
Mr Liow was squatting while working on his laptop and all of a sudden he jumped. He turned and told me that his underwear 'static-ed' him.

It was so funny when he said that coz I couldn't figure out how his underwear which was already in contact with his skin was still able to 'static' him.

Then I recalled seeing Baileys passing him by. Very likely Baileys was the culprit with the wagging tail that so happened to have swept Mr Liow on his bottom. hehe.

Baileys has lesser problems with flyaway fur due to static as compared to Maen but it seems he has all that static stored up in his body to discharge upon contact with anyone. Baileys loves to lick us on the face and it's so often (this same period last year) we get the "piak" sound each time he licks us. Even a light touch of his nose against any part of our body brings about the shock.

That aside, both their coats are now super soft!!!!! Duno if I shld credit Plush puppy or ice on ice. Think I'll credit the combo.

Brought AN to La Encantada yesterday to get a couple more items from MAC before my card finally expired. I've already placed a large order online before this. hehe. Thank hor, Mr Liow. Who ask you to always forget to call home whenever there are changes in plans. That was for making Baileys, Maen, AN and I wait for you for so many hours 2 Fridays ago. ;p Not really la. I needed to stock up too anyway and had to do it before my membership's gone.

AN was super tired after we got home and fell asleep at 6pm. She only woke up at 7am this morning (thank God! I was worried she would wake up at 4am and want to play..*phew*).

It's a sad Sunday today. I enjoy weekends but without Mr Liow, it's just not the same.

Waiting for you to come back dear. Take care ok?

No comments: