Saturday, November 7, 2009

Day 8: An Even Better Day

Countdown: Day 16

I think the days without Mr Liow seems to be increasingly easier to bear.

I'm excited to post this: that I managed to bring AN to the Zoo on my own today, and we had to go by the highway. There are other ways of going there which I saw on google map but I recognise almost none of them (hehe. Who doesn't know I'm always getting lost and takes forever to recognise roads? Even Terry who was giving me a lift home after our monthly SHSS gals gathering got lost with me trying to give him directions that night because I couldn't even recognise the way back home in the dark! Pei and the Cailyn in semi-solid form at that time, had to tolerate the extra distance. Paiseh ah, mummy Pei).

Still, we got there safely and I couldn't stop shivering even after we reached. As I paid for the ticket in, I was trying hard not to look suspicious. The lady at the counter must be wondering why my hands were trembling while I reached for the change.

It was fun and we had an exciting update! For that, I really hope to be able to stay long enough in Tucson. A few months ago, I was wishing to go back as soon as possible but now.... This is no good. First we had to leave people we love for a new place, and soon we have to leave friends we start to love to go back to where we started. This is not a good thing to do to people ... hmm...

Ok, back to the zoo.

AN could still remember where some of the animals' enclosures are (the tiger, elephants, giraffes, rhino, zebra). The whole gang including the kids tried to break AN's icy attitude but erm ... AN went quiet and looked away each time someone tried to reach out to her. There was only once AN asked to give Emma a hug because she saw Emma crying and for a while, both girls held hands and walked. Emma is the affectionate little angel with the gift of Touch. She would hold hands with anyone who was willing (or not) and give/receive hugs without holding back.

Tim joked that AN only talked to me. I said AN also talked to the animals (she went "Hi Peacock!" the moment she saw one but kept quiet around the human -______-")

After the whole tour (we went for a train ride too!! AN loved the ride and called papa to tell him how fun it was, and was empathatic that Emma fell in the train), Emma wanted to give AN a goodbye hug but got rejected by the cranky AN (who was having a hard time leaving the zoo).

That was about the tantrums AN threw today.

She had been good on the car to the zoo and back. I was telling her how worried I am as I drove to the zoo and she responded with all her "whys". She then pointed me to the 'big big trucks' and told me what she wanted to see at the zoo. Having her with me was a blessing today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We received AN's 2 bottles of bubble baths in the evening.

Upon opening up the package, AN wanted her bubble bath immediately. She didn't quite like the scent of the Burts' Bees bubble bath (maybe my reaction influenced her coz I wen:t "ermm...not as nice as I thought" and she also went: "Mummy, I don't like this one."

She insisted on opening up the other bottle (a reorder of the one she had finished that has lavender, lemon and tea tree oil in it) but willingly accepted the first bottle when I told her we could keep her favourite bottle till this one is used up.

This little girl knows how to enjoy herself.

She was enjoying her bubble bath and I thought I heard asking for leg massage, so I did. She pushed me away and repeated while pointing to the running tap: "No mummy! The water massaging my legs!" Then I saw her wriggling her toes while she played with the bubbles.

How relaxing!

There are few really cute things that AN said during her dinner just now that I am trying hard to recall, without success.

I'm still suffering from the pregnancy memory loss which I believe is permanent.

Sigh...

Ok, this is a long post. hehe.

No comments: