Friday, November 6, 2009

Day 7: A Better Day

Countdown: 17 days

It's a better day today.

AN had been rather short tempered these few days and loud. She's also less obedient (I know toddlers at this age are not known to be obedient. She was just less willing to obey than usual)

Adding on to her tantrums and fussy eating, it was hard for me to be a good mummy.

I believe my impatience played a part in this slight change in her behavior.

For those who have been reading and praying for me, your prayers helped a lot.

For today, AN got only a proper (late coz she was sleepy by noon) lunch at 3.45pm. She said she wanted to feed herself so I allowed her to. She took 1.5hours to eat and did not finish her food but the meal was much much more enjoyable than the past few days'.

She chewed her food and told me when she was full. The last few day s were bad in that she would keep the first few mouthfuls of food in her mouth and the rest of the 2 hours or so would be a fight from the start.

So, she ate from 3.45pm to almost 5.30pm.

She wanted ice-cream at 7 + pm and had another half a piece of cheese after that, and a tiny piece of brownie.

Sigh..

It's all junk (except for the cheese) but as long as those give her energy and calories, they are still better than nothing.

My lot of MAC, Benefit and Smashbox primers have just arrived. Unboxing them one by one makes me excited. AN too. She went "What's this?", "What's that?" and started playing with the few eye brushes I got.

She's starting to recognise which brushes (from my brush bag) are for what sort of applications. She does not know everything, but she knew the few common ones (for brows, liner and blusher) and big brushes go on the face while small ones are for eyes. hehe.

This is the first time I bought primers and I got 2 different types. Will probably keep the Benefit one (pink tinted) for myself and the Smashbox one (which is transparent and so ex! Hope this will work on clients with acne craters) for work. Pei was the one who brought the Benefit one to my attention. hehe. Will try that out one day.

I can't believe I'm spending so much on stocking up for 'business' when we go back next year. Just hope I don't have to wait too long before things get going again.

Pictures should be on the way but if they do not appear in the next few days, I hope I can post them up after Mr Liow gets home (and then I can use his laptop).


It's Zoo day tomorrow. Praying for a safe trip to and fro, for quick reaction to the GPS's instructions and for good judgement whenever I need to change lanes or make U-turns. I'm not familiar but I'm sure we will reach there and get home safe. hehe.

Am sure AN will enjoy herself tomorrow with the company and all the animals!

No comments: