Monday, March 15, 2010

Credits to Mr Liow

Friday
Mr Liow called home to say that he would bring us out for dinner. Fine with me since I was tired of cooking anyway (having been stranded at home every single day for weeks and having to rack my brains to think of what to cook each day). Dinner was nice and Mr Liow was nice. AN was well behaved too, so she got compliments from fellow diners who got ready to leave (we took a long time to eat coz AN is a slow eater). One thing we really appreciate about the Americans is that they are really generous with praises, even if we've never met!

Saturday
Mr Liow took me to a Vietnamese restaurant which one of the wife here recommended. We entered, expecting to find tasty food but was terribly, terrible disappointed! My soupy noodles turned out looking like hospital food. Seriously, the thought of hospital food made me miss Mount Alvernia's food. I had been hospitalised 3 times there (including the time when I delivered AN) and I never failed to miss their food when I left. Even their porridge tasted good! Erm...Mr Liow was apologetic but it was not his fault. I was the one who told him about the recommendation.

Sunday
We had Dim Sum at Gee Garden for breakfast. Always liked the Dim Sum there. We came home to rest after that and when AN woke up a while ago from her nap, MR Liow took her out for grocery shopping so that I could make her dinner in peace.

AN is sick again, or should I say, she's still sick. She's been unwell since 3rd week of Feb, starting with runny nose. The mucus went away after a few days (that was when Mr Liow also fell sick) but she started coughing sometime last week, mostly only during the nights.

Suddenly in the afternoon yesterday (Sat), her nose started leaking again and she could neither nap nor sleep well. That was also the start of her coughing during the day as well.

She would wake up as often as every half hour to whine in discomfort or cough. There was once last night when Mr Liow had to carry her for a while because she couldn't be pacified. The rest of the night, to make her feel better, I carried her to sleep upright. It did make things a little easier for her.

Because she was not feeling well, she was also cranky. She couldn't eat well (you can expect her to eat even less now that she's sick), got upset over little things, threw tanthrums a lot.

She was a little warm to touch during naptime this afternoon and when we took her temperature, she measured 37.8 *C at her highest. We pray it will not get any higher. It's not easy getting her to take her medicines now coz she's strong enough to break free. We tried talking our way through to her, promising her an ice cube after she took her medicine by mouth. She did struggle a little but swallowed the medicine though unwilling.

I am really thankful that Mr Liow was around to help out with her these 3 days. He's been helping a lot, with feeding her, with disciplining her (I really have no patience left) and doing a lot on my behalf so that I could breath. I would have gone crazy if he was not around to help me.

Thanks dear for hearing me and these few days of taking over my duties. Really appreciate them.

No comments: