Friday, April 2, 2010

Back from hospital

The vomiting persisted and got worse last night so I SMS Mr Liow to see if he could be back earlier. I was worried coz as I throwing up in the toilet, AN was nauseating in her sleep (but did not throw up, thank God!)

1am: Mr Liow came home. I kept visiting the toilet. The diarhea was watery and almost CLEAR! Looked more like puke than something out from bottom. Mr Liow asked if i needed to go to the hospital but I thought I'd wait. I wasn't comfy abt bringing AN to the hospital given that she's still weak from recovering.

1.30am: I couldn't take it anymore. Didn't seem to be improving. Seems like a rainy and cold day from morning, and a likely longer wait. Mr Liow brought me to the doctor.

3am: I was given a wheelchair and was pushed around to get documents settled. I felt really dizzy by then and couldn't really walk. They got me a room to lie down while waiting for the doctor to see me. I was given IV drops and anti-nausea drips. The nurse took a long time to locate my veins. Mr Liow decided to bring AN home to sleep because it would take almost 2 hours before the drips are gone.

4am: Pack 1 of my IV finished. Nurse came in to check if baby is ok but found no heartbeat besides my own. She said it was coz I was too small in size so it's easy to get my own heartbeat instead of the foetal's. Said Dr will bring in a machine so that we can see the baby on monitor. I was asked to take a urine test.

4.30am: Dr came in to check baby and I got to see it for the first time since 8th week. It was punching the air and Dr said it was feeling much better than I did. Hehe.

5am: drips completed. Urine test showed I had UTI. Dr said my vomiting may be due to the infection instead of the stomach flu. I was prescribed antibiotics.

Mr Liow came back to pick me up. Poor thing. He had almost no sleep and AN had disturbed sleep here and there as well. We went home to rest immediately but AN kept waking up to tell me she needed to throw up, a least 4 times. But she did not throw up. I think she's probably suffering from a headache with all the waking ups in btw.

9am: Mr Liow got up to get me my medicines and some more juices for AN coz she's started asking for more. And also cranberry juice for me. I peed and realised I felt a slight sharp pain near my pelvic as I peed. So that was UTI. I had been feeling that for days but thought it was due to the bladder being squashed by my womb and the 'contraction' of the bladder after being emptied was what caused the slight discomfort. AN went back to sleep so I continued sleeping with her.

12.30pm: AN was ready to wake up and we found Mr Liow making porridge for us in the kitchen. My hubby's been so sweet... He was on night shift, came back and had no sleep, went out to get me my medications early in the morning and came home to cook for us.. He still had to go back to the office this afternoon. So that I can rest, he's now keeping AN company.

He bought me an ice cream cake and was actually excited about doing a belated celebration for me but at this point, we all can't take ice cream. I felt so bad about it but he was still sweet and said we will all be able to eat ice cream by weekend. He got me an LV wallet for birthday secretly and showed it to me just now. My first LV. It was thoughtful of him to choose a most practical design that I can bring out with 2 kids in future. It's got a compartment for a flat phone (iPhone size) so I have everything within reach.

He'll be away from Tues. We're both going to miss his presence. He'll be away at an isolated island with no Internet connections and probably very little network for phone. Pray that him and the people following him will be kept safe.

Going to rest more now. Hubby's got to pack for his trip too. Hope I can be of some help.

No comments: