Monday, April 5, 2010

Recovering....but when will we recover?

I have recovered. I'm no longer having diarrhea or affected in any physical ways by the stomach flu, nor UTI (although I still have to finish the course of antibiotics).

As much as I expected AN to have diarrhea, she did not. In fact, she had very soft stools on Friday, no poop yesterday and nicely formed but not hard stools this morning. Her stools were green. I think AN is more prone to hard stools than diarrhea, somehow, even though we all expected her to have diarrhea. Oh well, might as well, and that's to her benefit.

She had been complaining of tummyache many times a day till yesterday. Each time she would frown and whine, and ask that I massage her tummy. Once in a while, she would complain that she felt like throwing up but she did not throw up once. Maybe just nauseous.

Have not heard her complain of tummyache today. I pray this marks the end of the stomach flu for her too.

Her food intake is miserably low. It's hard to believe she's having sooooo little food each day since the day she fell sick. And she's drinking so little. Her training pants were DRY this morning (meaning she did not pee during the night, so you can guess much little she drank during the day). From the time she woke up till now (8pm), she peed only twice. She would usually have gone 4 times during the day and wake up with wet training pants in the morning...

Now I not only have to worry about her not eating enough, I have to worry about her not drinking enough.

It's so depressing....What have I done wrong? What can I do to correct things? How can I help her? I feel so helpless. She does not want to eat, does not want to drink. What can I do? I can't force her. I can't make her. Coaxing does not help. Now that she's still in the recovery process, she is also not in her best mood. She's been shouting more than ever, and .... I don't know... hard to handle.

There is practically nothing I can do. I feel as if I'm sitting here watching her rot away.... She's all skin and bones now. And believably heading towards dehydration.

I must be doing something very wrong....what happened to the joy of staying at home to watch your child grow up? I can't believe I'm pregnant again. What happens if the second child is like AN? The way AN is growing up, in no time hospital visits will become very very frequent. Maybe it's already starting....how? How how how how how???????

No comments: