Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 13: Baileys and Maen

Countdown: 2 days

Adrielle is becoming more and more of a doggie terrorist. She sees them sleeping where she didn't feel pleased about (even if they were curled at a corner of the house), she'd walk over and chase them away. Or if they both walk into the kitchen for a drink, she would hurry after them to shut them in the kitchen right away. She sees Baileys lying on their own bed in the kitchen, she will climb onto it and irritate Baileys so much Baileys will walk away with a sigh. She does not allow them to follow behind me or lick me (and I love to have them be with me all the time!!!). When she sees that, she will block them or push them away. Sigh...

They loved her since the day they met her in 2007 and have always tolerated her nonsense (beginning from when she started disturbing them due to ignorance, to her irritating them on purpose at this age).

They still tolerate her but I've come to know both of their characters even better now as I observe their reactions before stepping in to stop AN from going too far:

Baileys will walk away when he notices AN approaching. He's smart. Haha. He'll come to me when AN is either not around, not watching, or when he's very sure I have full attention to 'side' him. If he feels AN is going too far and I'm not around to step in, he'll bark at her (obigood! She can be a real pain at times and me telling her to stop disturbing them just doesn't stop her from doing it the next time). Or he'll jump up at her (when he has nowhere else to escape too). I've been warning her that she will get snapped at one day if she continues teasing them like that. Baileys had been disciplining her when he has no other choices and I'm quite glad he's not allowing her to get overboard. And I can't be more thankful that Baileys had only been scaring her off as a way of discipline.

Once upon a time, he would go near her to lick her, and keep close to her. Now if he has no business to be near her, he will not be found anywhere near.

As for Silly Maen, she just doesn't learn. She NEVER keeps in mind how rough AN can be. Against all odds, Maen will stay close to me, lick and 'groom' me every now and then, and she will never fail to lick AN after AN's daily naps (even though AN does not always reciprocate). She doesn't walk away from AN and either obediently follows AN (the human pup will attempt to 'walk' her by pulling her along by her fur, and Maen just walks calmly beside her. One will think she's so obedient, till one sees she's actually under control.), or freezes on the spot. She gets chased away by AN but comes back anyway without care for her own safety.

If I ever die without anyone at home with me, I'm sure Maen will not leave my side no matter how much danger she's in....my girl...

But then when I get upset with the furkids, AN will tell me: "Mummy, they didn't do it on purpose!" and try speak up for them by telling me she heard them saying sorry to me. And when she's in the mood for love, she will be so sweet and gentle when approaching them and then stroking/ massaging them. When all 3 are at peace (mainly when AN makes peace), the whole atmosphere feels so calm and nice. And AN will go: "awww..... Mummy they are so sweet."

Well, they always are...

I am blessed with super tolerating and patient furkids. Cavaliers are angels in the form of dogs. I wonder if AN will still be alive (or in a decent piece) if Baileys and Maen are not the angels that they are..

No comments: