Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 14: Final countdown

Countdown: 1 day

We went to Isabelle's house today again, to return her containers and enjoy her cooking again.

She's always warm and inviting. Whenever she hears of us going over, there will surely be food waiting for us. She even invited us to stay for dinner but I thought not today since Andy will be back and the family may appreciate some time together.

Not only was there lunch, she also packed dinner for me to bring home, and yummy kueh kueh. I wanted to ask how she made it but the moment she said it was quite a hassle, I gave up. Hehe. Once back home, we'll have the luxury of enjoying all these yummy kueh kuehs without having to make them.

Kimberly caught a ladybug from school to show AN today. It was beautiful. The only ladybug I saw in Singapore was super tiny and hardly visible enough to see the black and red contrast. This one that Kim caught was large enough to see the black spots against its red background, and white tiny patches on the black head where its eyes were supposed to be. Very beautiful... but without my k850, it's pointless to take pictures (I'm sure you've noticed the lack of photos since a long time ago).

Mr Liow will be home tomorrow. Time flies. Once he gets home, we'll have to start packing. The home is going to be in a big mess again. I HATE all these packing, but we have no choice.

Oh yes, I bathed Baileys in some samples I requested from Isle of Dogs. They have various formulas and they generously sent most of what they have, according to the BM's breed. I prefer them to have silky coats that fall more than puff up (coz B has naturally puffy coat which always make him look messy).

I tried the EPO formula on him. Used up 2 packs of 30mls each to bath him (one was of the standard EPO formula - no. 10, and the other was professional grade with higher concentration of EPO oil - no.12). And then I conditioned him with just 1 pack of 30ml conditioner for fall coat maintenance (no. 51)

I like how fresh the shampoo and conditioner smell! I hated doggie shampoos that remind me of air freshner coz they smell artificial but these combo emitted a different type of freshness, like freshly washed linen.

There is another formula that I'm waiting to try, this time on Maen, before I decide if I want to stock up on them. This othe one is laden with essential oils like geranium and bergamot (all my favourite oils!!) but these are much more costly (and do not come in gallons, only 250mls).... Unless I'm seriously hooked, and unless they are super impressive, I probably won't spend a bomb on these.

Actually, as long as a shampoo and conditioner works on Baileys, it's worth getting. Maen has naturally neat coat that always looks clean (but stinks at the butt) and all shampoos make her look good, even without conditioner.

This change-of-season shedding is serious shedding. I brushed Baileys 3 times, one brush through after another, and the brush was FULL of fur everytime. No matter how much I complained about their usual shedding, by the 2nd time I brush them, there would be very little fur left on the brush.

Was telling Mr Liow we do not just experience cultural differences, we also get to experience what the books mean about seasonal shedding. I just have to touch any of them now with my palm lightly and there will be LOTS of fur on my fingers.

I just have to keep brushing them, sending the irobot to work and cleaning the robot twice a day to maintain a minimum level of home cleanliness.

Counting the hours to receiving Mr Liow back. Glad it's finally over. Hehe.

No comments: