Monday, May 10, 2010

Baby, see you later

We'll be going for my ultrasound in 3 hours time and I'm feeling extremely excited now.

I have not been feeling the baby's gender as strongly as how some mummies tell me they felt and how sure the baby was not the gender the doctor said it was (wrong diagnosis for this mum coz the umbilical cord was 'there' and doctor said it was a boy but the mum was sure she felt a girl). So, I've not had such strong intuition.

But if I am to guess, I think it's a boy because of the different pregnancy symptoms from my first with AN. Mr Liow is guessing AN may not be happy with the doctor's update today too.

AN has been insisting this is a little sister and seems very confident. She talks to my tummy like she's talking to a girl, asks me to "help carry baby sister" while she pretends to be busy washing milk bottle. She has been holding a pretend baby in a mess of her old baby blanket like one will carry a swaddled baby and tells me: "See my baby sister." Sometimes she tells me I speak too loud and scare 'baby sister', sometimes she sings or makes up her own songs and serenades stuffed toys like one does when putting a young baby to bed. Sometimes these stuffed toyS get to ride in her toy stroller and she informs me: "Mummy, I'm bringing baby sister outside for a walk."

Suddenly last night, she told me she wants 2 boys and 2 girls (still maintaining that this one is a girl though). Told her she can have so many kids when she's married. I don't think I can tolerate 5 children (i won't mind 5 dogs though). She got upset and insisted she wanted 2 of each gender. We were going nowhere in that discussion so we had to distract her by asking here again: "how if this is a boy?"

I had to promise her another baby if this one turns out to be a boy. Hmm...

Can't wait to find out if we will only need to stock up on little girls' clothings up to age 2 or little boys' up to who knows how long... If this is a boy, it'll be too bad for him. No Gap, Guess or Osh Kosh. It's probably only going to be Fox Baby (for being the cutest line of baby clothings at reasonable prices). And he'll have to share girly toys with AN.

No comments: