Tuesday, May 11, 2010

One of each: IT IS A BOY!

We are having a boy!

So my slight hunch was right and I was slightly disappointed initially. Both Mr Liow and I. AN was VERY disappointed. hehe.

It was thorough scanning to make sure the baby's heart, lungs and skeletal structure is growing well. And then we counted its fingers, and toes, its legs (thighs and lower leg), arms, eyes, nose, lips (and we were assured number 2 has no cleft lips).

And the umbilical cord is there attached to its 'future belly button', as the doctor's assistant calls it.

The baby has a hand waving "hi" to us (to which AN actually said "hi" back!! So cute. hehe) and another hand trying to cover its bottom. But it was without much effort before we were shown which human category it belongs to (male or female): We all saw something prominently sticking out from its private area (which it was trying to hide with the other hand. How more cheeky??).

It is a BOY.

The moment the doctor's assistant confirmed its gender ("And you have a boy", she said), AN expressed her panic and preference: "Nooo!!!! I want it to be a girl!!"

Oops.

Frankly I was hoping for a girl, quite badly. I don't know why since I already have one, but I still want another girl. I almost teared (half expecting to see the little birdie) but the most important thing was obviously that our baby is healthy and growing well.

It is 11oz in weight today, head circumference at 16.52cm and some other details which I forgot.

So, we have to start shopping for boy clothings...and accessories...and I can't tell what else we really need yet coz I dunno for sure what boys need!! He needs to share AN's barbie bicycle, bags and erm...what-other-nots.

Here is our male descendant:

5 toes and his side view

The little 'birdie' and him waving "hi" to his sister

After the initial slight 'disappointment', I am actually feeling quite excited now. It's a totally different and new experience this time round. AN is getting used to the idea too.

Welcome to the family little one! The whole family is waiting to meet you once you are done growing inside mummy's tummy.

Praise the Lord!

No comments: