Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Last Few Arrivals

I had been asking if he wanted to get a DSLR from here for the past year and he kept saying yes but not do research on any. I thought he wasn't interested so I stopped asking.

Suddenly one day, few weeks before he left for his Dan Diego exercise, he said he would be getting one, especially since the new baby is coming.

That's the start of his new love, which I can totally comprehend. Hahaha!

I never knew lenses can be soooo expensive! A lens for the new D90 with the same specs that came on our Lumix digital camera costs USD$2K (and over $1k for brands other than those from leading brand names).

But to have the camera and be stuck with a lousy kit lens makes no sense too. So he got another one that's somewhere in between, and one more with higher f-number for the baby.

Hehe. See, a guy who does not spend much is just one who maybe hasn't found an interest in anything yet.

I'm happy that he's so into photography (and constantly learning more lately). He promised to help me update my portfolio when we go back. If my pregnancy doesn't get overwhelming by the time my tools reach me, I'll be on the search for willing face and hair models for the same thing. Hehe. Anyone willing to lend me your face and hair???

It was funny when his lens arrived at the same time my traincase did yesterday. He gasped when he heard mine costs $225. He thought I spent $70 on them. He then said his new lens only cost slightly over $500 and it's costly to make good camera parts with all the calibration, precision and stuff. But my traincase is not just any bag too. It's got rollers, many many compartments and even drawers. Every part has to fit, and makeup has to be easily reachable when I'm working, something a normal bag does not allow. Moreover this bag is so light even with rollers and 2 sections (top & bottom), and I just noticed I can put the rollers onto the smaller bag if I'm not required to do hair (so I can leave the bigger bag at home) It's interchangeable, every part of the top and bottom piece. Hehe.

Hehe.

Was telling Mr Liow that I think I found out why AN likes to play with our things: Each time UPS drops by with something, she will excitedly help open the boxes up. When it's her stuff that arrives, I'll not allow her to play with them or try them on because we are going back to $ingapore (expensive place to reside in) and have to immediately put her stuff away to prepare for packing. But when she opens up boxes that hold our stuff, we get to xplore our purchase. What else can she get excited over besides our stuff since her excitement over her own stuff is always shortlived. She was so excited over my traincase last evening that she kept wanting to show it to Mr Liow the moment he got home from work and went "ta-da!" as she slowly revealed my traincase to him.

She was excited about the lens too and kept posing for Mr Liow to take pictures. She asked to take pictures with the camera, only to be rejected by the father. Hehe. He allowed her to hold the lens cover and that was enough to make her very happy! She came over to tell me that papa's camera was too heavy for her so she could only help him hold the cover. So cute.

She will get her turn at feeling excited over her own stuff when our boxes arrive in Singapore.

No comments: