Sunday, May 2, 2010

Search for a Shih Tzu leading to crazy thoughts

Am online searching for registered breeders with good reviews but not for our family. Just being a kpo helping Mr Liow's colleague look out for one. It's just him, wife and a daughter, maybe 8 or 9 years old. I feel so excited for them!

I'm reminded of our own search for a furkid for the first time, how we met a few before Baileys but Mr Liow did not have eyes for them like how he bonded with Baileys almost instantaneously when he climbed onto Mr Liow as Mr Liow stretched his hand out to touch him. Even Mr Liow was surprised by that moment of 'passion' for what was just an animal to him then. The rest is history and Mr Liow still loves Baileys more than Maen, even though Maen is an obssessive attention seeker who has perfected the art of acting really really irresistably adorable.

And somehow the search led to CKCS pups after 15 mins..... Oops. Hehe.

I know its impossible. Maybe in future but definitely not during B and M's lifetime. Mr Liow said no more dogs after they pass on and he became even more sure after Baileys got hospitalized for throwing up blood and passing loose, bloody stools in 2007. He thought his Baileys wouldn't survive. Thank God for His healing and Baileys was up and about in a week. Mr Liow says he won't be able to take the blow of losing one of them after the other and repeating the same cycle again.

So, no more furkiddos to be added to the Liows for a long time to come. I guess the next time if we ever do, one will be enough. I mean, one whole farm of dogs!!! Wahahahahahah!

I go mad with happiness just imagining that possibility. Maybe I can pray and ask the Lord to store me a dog haven as my treasures in heaven!