Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 11: Sick AN = Cranky AN

We did not go out today as much as I wished I could. She seemed a little drowsy and had a slightly longer than usual nap. By early evening (7.30pm), she was asking to sleep.

I should know by now that she's crankier than usual when sick but having to actually go through those tantrums takes lots of patience. Understanding is not enough.

She got upset that I helped her put her stool back after she used it because she wanted to bring it back herself. She would usually ask nicely but not today: she got really upset and started crying loudly while repeating her intention. So as not to agitate her, I brought the stool back so that she could "do it" herself as she insisted but she stood there crying for a long time without doing what she said she wanted to do. I put it back and she got even more upset. Her cries and repeating of those words: "I want to do it myself!" made ne crazy... I gave her a chance to do it but she just stood there crying. Had to punish her for being so difficult.

2nd tantrum: Exactly the same with training pants for nap. She had lots of water so even though she already went to the toilet before nap, I got ready a pair of training pants for her in case she peed in her nap. She wanted to "do it myself" again after I have already took one out and started her tantrum again. Asked her to go get one more but she insisted I put mine back. I did and she stillstood there crying. Had to force her to change else I wonder when she will stop crying to finally have the nap she needed.

3rd tantrum: She wanted to write her name. Since we came back, she's nt been writing her name and has forgotten how to spell it. She seems to also have forgotten her number and alphabets... Oh no..

Since she was keen, I got her a pen and piece of paper to write on. She made wanted to write 'A' but the left stroke exceeded the narrow line of the notebook by a little. She wanted me to clear the stroke so that she could start again. I couldn't, coz it was a pen mark on paper. She got upset and started crying again while insisting she wanted me to erase that mark. She didn't want new paper. Argh!!!!!

4th tantrum: Taking her medicine had been a breeze this time. She drank her antibiotics, cough and phlegm syrups from a spoon willingly since we got back from the doctor. But for once out of the many times I fed her medicine since ytd, she decided to make life as cruel for me as possible, and refused to take her medicine. So so so much crying in a day, so much demands, so hard to appease her, so much defiance... I broke down... She didn't want anyone else to help her with anything but was not ready to obey me as well. I was at my wits' end with her...

Mr Liow finally managed to convince her to have her medicine. She was already coughing non-stop by then (shld hv been something from her dinner even though se had only 3 scoops of it...) and it had to take so much convincing. She's usually cooperative enough with some reasoning... Anyway, she finally took her cough and phlegm medicines and looked really really tired out. We went into the room to end the night early at 8plus.

That's end of a torturous day.. I pray she'll be back to normal by tomorrow in all areas from behaviour to health..

As for home Reno, Mr Liow met the contractor Ed recommended today and had some pretty good news. He is able to dismantle a ledge that Ed didn't think was possible coz of some details. We hope he's right about the job being less complex than it appears. If nothing goes wrong, permit will be applied on Monday (Permit to start hacking) and Mr Liow will meet him after work to order those tiles. Hacking and tiling should commence next Thursday.

I hope we'll get things done up soon. I asked Dr Henry about the chances of me delivering early and he said history is very likely to repeat. AN almost popped when I was in my 34th wk and finally did at 37th. I'm into my 26th week now and that means I have to be prepared to deliver anytime in 8-11th weeks time!! If boy comes in 8 weeks, our home will barely be ready coz our boxes will have only arrived couple of weeks before.

We commit these uncertainties to the Lord...I'm now feeling overwhelmed by these issues and AN's tantrums + her feeling so unwell..

I pray tomorrow will be a better day.

Baileys and Maen seems to be settling in fine. Maen peed on papers that my dad placed in the kitchen and Baileys peed in the toilet without papers. Either way is acceptable. I'll probably walk them more so that they can relieve themselves outdoor. As for poop, other than Maen's classic "stop to poop in the middle of the ROAD" episode, they've never once done that outside. It's ok, as long as they know it's papers or toilet they have to go to when the urge comes.

No comments: