Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day 12: Home Expo

This is the first day of Home Expo at Singapore Expo and we went with my mum after lunch with my bro. Left BM at home with my dad.

Mum tried to help by pushing AN around so that we could do what we needed to do but AN wouldn't allow me out of her sight. In fact, she was bordering on bring rude to my mum by shouting at her sayin that she didn't want her...

AN is still difficult. She's beyond reason and has been rude these few days. I seriously have no idea what to do with her...and she's still coughing badly. For the whole of today, she's been coughing almost non-stop. It's hard talking to her nicely when she keeps coughing, worse when she is in need of discipline... I feel as if I am talking to myself while she coughs away. This poor girl.. I wonder if when she will recover. It's more than a month but her cough seems to have gotten worse these 2 days..

Since she was not allowing my mum to do anything for her (she would check to make sure my mum wasn't even pushing her stroller), mum left us to do her own shopping. I was thankful that mum out in effort and helped us for the first hour or so, till AN kept rejecting her.

Mr Liow got interested in a mattress by Simmons which was comfy and posture-appropriate at the same time. And given that the price seems to be a much better offer than Isaiah's from OM, we were really keen to place a deposit BUT we were glad we did not do that yet, because OM would not allow us to use the deposit on something else in their store. They strictly insisted that we weren't allowed to refund nor do xchanges -_______-"

We had to leave the fair for Liang Court to speak to our sales person face to face. It wasn't her fault that her boss didn't want to be flexible. It's only been 6 days and we had no idea Isaiah mattresses were made in China till the fair, and for that price, we were able to get a second from the top of Simmon's line of beddings.

Finally after much negotiating, her Boss allowed us to make that a deposit for a sofa that we had interest in since we stepped in on Monday. It was a costly set of sofa and we should be able to get something similar at the Home Expo for a fraction of the cost. Too bad then.. it's not a new lesson but a reminder NEVER to rush into placing huge deposits when we are not even pressed for time.

AN had another long day. Kids need routine but AN had none since we came back. I will not be surprised her crankiness and bad behaviour is a result of being neglected lately. Neglected and sick.. Poor baby. I really need to give her more attention instead of disciplining her so much lately. I'm not even filling her needs, yet I'm emptying her of whatever's left in her by shouting at her so much lately. I must remember she has a reason to behave as such when she's not usually this bad.

Bad mummy me... I feel so bad. Every night as I watch her rest, I'd feel so guilty I wasn't loving her as much as she deserves to be but comes daytime and tantrum starts (ESP lately), the impatience takes over.

I pray for a clear mind to see beyond AN's tantrums and boundless patience to teach her right from wrong..

No comments: