Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 9: Missing home

How I wish we can move back home soon..

Even though my parents and MIL welcomes us to stay with them, it will never be as comfortable as our own home. Baileys and Maen will be back on 25th (2days from now). My parents enjoy a super clean home and I foresee conflicts (I have low tolerance for repeated nagging about how much they shed etc).

Mr Liow suggested going to stay with his mum coz they have a maid and his mum is more receptive towards dogs. But there's no bed in his room so we have to get one. Now, if we do shift to his mum's place, it'll take some explaining to my parents and I'm worried my dad will blame my mum for making us feel unwelcome (coz of her wierd behaviour days back) or mum might think we're not happy with her or something... It doesn't feel right either way.

Frankly, if I had to compare now, my MIL is easier to get along with than my own mum. It's unbelievable that I'm thinking this, I know. But after coming back, so many things have changed. My MIL is much more reflective on her own behaviour now as compared to the past, and she listens to us. She's so much more cheerful than she used to be and is positive about most things. I feel encouraged after an informal chit chat session. Of course she's not perfect and she has values that she held firmly to over her nearly 60 yrs of life. It's like a burnt-in effect and to see these changes in her over just 2 yrs, it is already a miracle, to be frank.

Mum on the other hand always assumes she's right about everything and doesn't listen at all. No, not at all. There's no way of talking to her peacefully. It's bound to end up in either an arguement, or we have to keep quiet even if we do not agree, just so that she doesn't go crazy again. This was my MIL in the past. Now it's my mum.

In case I'm giving u guys the wrong idea that situation at my parents place is still strained, rest assured things are back to normal now. Mum just made lunch for us whcih we had at 10am. To maintain peace and order, we ate, even though Mr Liow was craving something that's not porridge. Thanks for tolerating along with me dear..AN was obviously not ready for porridge soooo early and wasn't happy when I made her eat. Mum thinks AN is being very naughty today. She doesn't understand it's just not AN's timing and even when I told her that, she said "other kids" eat porridge at this time. I don know about other kids but mine doesn't and it's unfair I force her to become like "other kids".

So, it's really hard to decide. Home is still best. We do not have to answer to anyone, we do as we please, enter and leave as we wish. We do not have to feel embarrassed about mess, dirt or fur. It's not so much a matter of staying with who, but a matter of doing as Romans does: I have to ensure the room we are sleeping in now remains the same condition it was when we first stepped in, make sure AN doesn't dirty the place and over at my MIL's, there are other 'house rules' that we are currently unsure of yet.

What should we do? Shift out or remain after BM comes back from quarantine?

Does it sound diplomatic enough if we shift out now for, maybe 3 weeks and then come back to my parents place for the last 3 weeks? Our home should be ready by then, hopefully.

I was so desperate I suggested we clean up FERNVALE LANE and shift in so that we have less to worry about. Baileys and Maen have all the freedom to roam as they please, we have the freedom to come and go as we like as well.

Any suggestions??

No comments: