Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 8: Meeting our Designer Part I, Settled BM's license

I think we went to meet him with too high expectations and was a little disappointed with what he had to propose. There was no quotations or drawings to see, only a proposed layout plan. Not all designers are the same, so we should not compare. Praying that we'll have more to see in the next few days.

We took AN to MIL's place to play with the girls before we left to meet Edwin. AN asked if she could stay there with them when I said we were leaving. That was our intention and I was glad she wanted to stay too. But as expected, when she wanted to pee, she wanted me to do it for her but we were already halfway through discussion with Edwin by then. She refused to let MIL put her on the potty and ended up wetting herself. MIL washd her bottom but AN refused to let MIL put new shorts on and we had to rush back so that I could put her pants back on for her

-_____-"

We decided to take her out with us to meet Edwin right after that so that we didn't have to rush back the next time she asked for me.

Bad news... What's going to happen when I go deliver baby no. 2?

I told her I will have to be away for a few days when baby wants to come out and she said I can come back after that to help her. Erm...uh-oh..

She seems to be having a fever but we're not sure. She feels warm at the neck and palms but not elsewhere (limbs, head, back, ears, face etc felt normal). Took her temperture when we got home and she was 38.4C. Praying that she will not fall sick these few days. We have to catch up with Edwin as often as possible before Mr Liow goes back to work next week and we are really hoping to get the Reno started by July 1st. She has a fever patch on now, and very comfortably dressed to cool her off. Seriously, she didn't feel very warm to touch, very unlike 38.4C.

Anyway, AN is starting to speak Mandarin without us teaching her to. She told me "mei you le" (no more), pointing to empty stalks of grapes. Took me a while to understand her even though I heard her loud and clear. I just didn't expect her to say that in mandarin.

She also told me she wanted "ji ge" grape (one grape) when we were talking to Edwin. Stunned me for a while and I stared blankly at her before she broke the awkward silence between us: "Mummy, can I have a grape? Yi ge."

And before she slept, she patted the pillow I had been sleeping on and told me: "Wo de". I tried not to think too hard this time and understood her. She meant the pillow was hers. Then she smiled and said she will share the pillow with me, in English.

It's amazing how fast kids pick up languages.

That's about all for today. Praying that AN will be well by tomorrow. Else we have to figure out a way to leave her home without her pining for me else Mr Liow will have to decide on everything by himself tomorrow.

Updated 0:08am
Went to AVA in Pasir Panjang to apply for Baileys and Maen's dog licens. DONE! Both are legal again. The new license does not come with a dog tag anymore. The piece of paper is proof of their license, together with a microchip.

So cheapo...last time we still get dog tags for $14 each. Now it's just a piece of paper for the same price. Oh well, at least this is settled. The furkids will be due for release on 25th June but payment has to be made a day before. They are required to be licensed before we can make payment on Thursday, and before they will allow us to bring BM home.

Basically, AVA intends to squeeze as much out of us as possible before we can bring them back.

Grrr...

But nevermind. As long as they leave us alone after everything.

No comments: