Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 21: Search for a School, CJ's mum's wake, weaning update

Uh-oh!!!!

I just called Paya Lebar Methodist Church to enquire about their nursery classes and places are all TAKEN!!! F.U.L.L! We're more than 10 behind on waiting list. And I was still taking my time to find out about schools for AN.

Next up on my list is Sengkang Methodist's nursery classes. The person in charge will only be back tomorrow so I won't be able to know it AN will get a place by then. From the looks of it, I don't think so.

We are hoping to place AN in PLMC as first choice coz we're serving there. Am praying for an opening somehow. Else I'm going to be a very KS mum next year and enroll her as soon as registration starts for Kindergarten. It will be best for sure, if she can start with nursery there. It's going to be easier transiting into Kindergarten the following year with less changes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We went to attend auntie's wake in the evening. Knowing how superstitious my mum is, we decided not to let her know we were going for that. My dad knew and was open about it, and he also reminded us to keep it from mum.

Thank God for a saved soul. Auntie looked so different from our last gathering 2 yrs ago. She lost so much weight. I wouldn't be able to recognize her on my own. Finally her battle with pain is over. CJ did mention they had already been prepared for this day and he's relieved that she's no longer suffering.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AN is such a darling today! She sat through the few hours we were there. She pleaded to go home after about 2 hrs but did not fuss. We spent almost 4 hrs at the wake and AN kept herself busy snacking on peanuts and melon seeds.

Once in the car, she asked me: "Mummy, I cannot have mem mem at night anymore right?" I said yes and she did not argue or bargain with me. Usually if we were out till this late, she would naturally ask to nurse and fall asleep in the car. Not this night. I was so pleased with her willingness to accept reality and told her I love her so much I can still hug her. She returned my hug for a while before pushing me away and then told me: "Mummy I want to look out of the window."

once home, she had milk, spent a short while colouring and then went to sleep on her own. No more bargaining for 10secs more like past few nights! It is so amazing how calm she is tonight! I pray she will sleep well without waking up to nurse tonight and that this is the start of the end of her night feeds.

I know I am already missing her so close to me. My baby us growing up, and I can't stop her. I am thankful for the 3 over years of privilege to give as much as I can to my baby girl. Now it's time I concentrate on my boy like I used to concentrate on AN. There are other aspects of AN's life now, more than nursing and night feeds.

Life is amazing. Fragile, but amazing...

No comments: