Friday, July 9, 2010

Day 25: Baby & Kiddo Update

The little boy is getting increasingly active. He just can't stop moving. And he's situated somewhere near enough to make breathing a little hard for me nowadays: I have to straighten my body to catch my breaths.

His movements can be seen from the surface by now, since couple of weeks ago in fact. I like how AN comes close to my tummy to speak to him or play with him and when she does that, HE RESPONDS WITH EVEN MORE MOVEMENTS! It's cute watching how they 'interact'.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I brought her into the room at 1.30pm to rest because she said she was tired but she wasn't as easily coaxed into rest without 'mem mem'. She started fidgeting, and then telling me LOTS of things and kept coming in and out of the room.

Mum managed to bath her (that is an achievement given that she will not even allow anyone else to help her to the potty!!) while I took an hour's nap. My little stinky bum bum then had to come into the room, rouse me up from my nap and made me sniff how nice her hair smell after the bath (even though mum did not dare use shampoo on her in case she scared her off the first time she bathed her). She then told mum she wanted to sleep and came in to lie beside me in the room. For the nap, in case she wet the bed, she put her own training pants on before lying beside me. hehe.

But she wasn't really sleepy enough to fall asleep by herself and started talking to me again. She must be feeling bored. haha!

I woke up to keep her company. Would appreciate a little more time to nap-in but this power nap was good enough.

We played a little more while waiting for Mr Liow to come back. Before he did, she got cranky and asked to sleep. That was already 5pm and I didn't want her to nap too late else she would have a problem sleeping at night. Set the timer for an hour's nap which she agreed to so that she could wake up by 6.30pm.

She was really tired and was knocked out the moment she hit the pillows, without even bothering to ask me for mem mem. Cool.....so the trick now is to tire her out totally so that she forgets about mem mem.

Nights are now mem mem-free! She no longer nags about mem mem. In fact now without nursing to sleep, she is able to sleep through the night without waking up. In the past, she would wake up in the middle of the night to search for them..

That's about all for the day. It's weekends again...We love weekends....who doesn't? hehe.

No comments: