Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 24: School search updates

Got a call from Cambridge CDC at Sengkang regarding AN's nursery enrollment. They are also fully booked (what's with all the hurry? I should have started sourcing since before we came back.) but the lady who contacted me suggested I enroll AN from Nov since it's holiday period and some parents withdraw due to the holiday seasons and with older kids graduating, places become available again.

I don't quite understand what she meant. I though once a kid is in that school, holidays or not, parents do not withdraw them just to go on holidays, or do parents these days do that? Also, what have graduatin kids got to do with next year's nursery class, I wonder. Don't kids graduate from nursery every year to make room for the next batch of students? Either way, I think I hear higher possibilities of getting AN into this school.

This Mrs Chia was very helpful over the phone. I've arranged to meet her on Tues to check out the place with AN. She said it's a whole stretch of kindergarten where they are situated, so I can go 'shopping' around a little after meeting her. Sounds good.

We were actually considering another one that's very near to FERNVALE, at Jalan Kayu. But school fees for that school is on a high side: $1550/term. Why is it that nursery classes cost more than my diploma huh?? Even though Cambridge and our church's nursery appears more affordable, they still amount to higher fees annually than what I spent.

Have I mentioned that we are more than 10 behind others on the waitlist at both PLMC and SKMC?I would prefer to send AN to church nursery if given a choice. Mr Liow agrees too that it will be nice AN learns about our Lord as she embarks on her path of education. This is one aspect of her life that is no less important than phonics and life-skills building.

We are still praying for a place in PLMC. Else... We'll pray about the rest later :)

No comments: