Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 27: Dinner with SIL and family

We had wanted to go to church but AN had a late night and couldn't wake up. Will try again the next Sunday. Was thinking of putting her at Sunday School. I'm sure she'll love it!

She had been asking to swim for a long time and since we were going to my SIL's place, I brought her swimming gear along.

She wasn't as brave as she was back in Tucson. It's wierd how different she has become since we came back! She would go into the water with Mr Liow and would even float on a flat floating surface as long as Mr Liow held on to her, and she would kick water to move. This time, all she would agree to was sit in the swimming float and shiver coz she was halfway out of water. She wouldn't allow Mr Liow to carry her into the water too, and wouldn't even sit by the pool with her legs in it. Sitting with legs in the pool back in Tucson was no big deal to her, just like showering in Tucson was no big deal then, but she would scream and cry if I shower her now in Singapore. Hmmmm?

Since she didn't wanna be in the water, I suggested changing her into something dry and she could go play at the playground but she preferred to remain sexily dressed in her swimsuit and started playing with her cousins happily that way, so I let her be. The girls gave in a lot to her. Time flies...it didn't seem too long ago when they were her age and everyone else were coaxing and playing with them like they played with AN.

We dined in at my SIL's place. BIL went to pack dinner for us. AN was eating too slowly so I had to finish my food fast so I could feed her. While feeding her, MIL was scolding their helper in the kitchen for every little thing, from turning the tap down, to something which appeared to be a case of miscommunication that she keeps insisting the helper was trying to lie about and all.... Sigh.....she still seems to enjoy scolding people and the helper is getting it that day instead of my SIL. Being financially stable now stabilizes her emotions so much more stable too, so less people get it from her now. It was only my SIL 2 wks ago, and the helper this time.

I wonder if AN had been subconsciously listening to her scold the helper so much so that she's picking up the same attitude and tone of voice when speaking to my parents back here..hope not.

Before we know it, it was time to leave. It was good time of catching up, minus the hour or so of listening to seriously dressing down the helper got while I fed AN right outside the kitchen. It got on my nerves, got into my blood and I could feel myself losing patience with AN in the process while she ate. No good, too. And I thought the once-in-a-few-weeks tension was bad enough. Guess it was just that we are not staying with MIL, not because she's much easier to get along with now, than my mum.

It's the same...sigh...

Times like these make me miss having a place of our own. I miss our home once again...

No comments: