Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 29: visit to Cambridge CDC + once a month conflict

We had an appointment with the owner of Cambridge CDC near my parents' place at 3pm so I tried making AN nap earlier. She usually naps from 2-4pm. From 1pm, she tried to go to sleep but couldn't fall asleep. I fell asleep myself but could feel her happily talking to herself and helping herself to games on my iPod touch -________-"

she finally fell asleep by herself at 1.45pm AFTER I gave her the last call that if she did not sleep, I would not bring her to 'school'. It was easier then coz the 45mins of being active tired her out finally, together with the warning that she would miss the chance to go to 'school'. She woke up willingly after a 45mins power nap because she was really looking forward to 'school'. She was so excited!

This was more like childcare with a curriculum incorporated in the hours spent there. Sounded quite good that I could leave her there for most parts of the day and she gets to have activities rather than rot at home in front of the TV or computer, espcially after the baby comes. I was thinking of a half day session so that she could spend time with her little brother and Mrs Cheah suggested we can do half-day sessions on certain days of the week and full-day on the others. Sounds like a plan.

I'll be bringing her to our church nursery today at 2.30pm to have a look too. Got a call from Mrs Soh and I didn't even realise Covenant Kindergarten belongs to PLMC till I went online to check.

And about the once-a-month conflict...sigh... Mum is up in one of her foul moods again, just because my dad disagreed with her...????!!!

She wanted the mattress we have in FV so we brought it over. I agree it's probably a long wait to have the mattress brought over after a month but no one has a truck big enough and we had to find someone who has one!

We finally arranged to have it sent over and Mr Liow suggested we clean it up tonight so we could use it immediately. Mum said it was late and suggested cleaning it 'later'. Dad was only wondering loudly why not do it immediately instead of waiting. Mum got upset with him and told him to "shut up if you don't know anything" (hate it when she uses that on my dad!)

I was in the kitchen a short while after the tension, alone with her and agreed we clean up the mattress tomorrow. Mum got upset with me too saying she wants to take her time to clean it after we move back to our own place. She wants to leave the mattress in the room to collect dust for the next few months?? (just to update: mum suggested I stay here for confinement coz she has a problem sleeping at night away from home. For her convenience and comfort, we agreed)

I told her I'm having backaches sleeping on her current mattress now and she looked at me with disgust, asking: "Oh...so you brought the mattress over now bcause you have problems sleeping?"

hello...in the first place, if she didn't want the mattress, we wouldn't have even brought it over! Since it's been shifted over, I didn't know she would mind me asking to clean it up ealier so I could use it (I am not asking her to clean it for me..I can do it myself!)

I am now sleeping on the same mattress I used to sleep on before I got married and never had problems. This backache problem came early this pregnancy. I've seriously thought my mum was more understanding than to think we got the mattress over for myself...

She stomped out of the kitchen and dad innocently commented that if I needed the mattress, he could clean it up for me there and then. Mum got even angrier and accused him of being afraid of me thus making suggestions in my favour and then saying that he's always talking more than helping (which is NOT true!)

Democracy is non existent in this family. If dad doesn't agree with her, he gets it. If he agrees with someone else who disagrees with her, he gets it worse. She started scolding him for the next few minsa (why do the 2 mums enjoy scolding people so much????????!!!) and then went into the room slamming the door shut.

While she was ridiculously scolding my dad, he kept silent.

She came out of the room for the toilet, and then went back into her own room slamming the door for a second time. AN asked me why popo banged her door.

My mum has the cheeks to wonder why AN had been locking our bedroom door lately. I jokingly said she learnt it from her the first time she saw popo flare up and lock herself in the room. Mum, in a good mood then, said AN was like me coz I used to lock my door at night. As if AN knew I used to do that.... We've never had locked doors in Tucson. Obviously she mut have learnt to lock the door only recently.

Let's see when AN will learn to slam doors shut now.

People always say it's a blessing to have old people at home to help with their kids..I don't see behaviours that are going to help AN watch and learn to be a better person when she grows up. Not mum, not MIL. And they are our first 2 choices if I am to be working.

MIL talks about money whole day long and smiles when she mentions her genting shares, frowns when she speaks to the maid. Mum gets into one of these cranky crazy behaviours upon minimum provocation, starts ignoring people (or whisperig things under her breath as she walks by) and slamming doors for the next few days. That is, after she's been out the whole day for the next few days..

So, I get to choose if I want AN to grow up angry and domineering, or angry and money-loving.

How do I choose? Which is better?

No comments: