Thursday, August 12, 2010

Aches and my sweet baby girl

I had some cramp-like aches in the middle of last night and it worried me so much I couldn't really go back to sleep. I'm barely into my 32nd week and keeping my fingers crossed, I hope Ethan is not THAT eager to come out to play with his sister yet. I went to the toilet to check and found no signs of spotting *phew* It's probably a simple case of tummyache.

This reminds me, when I had AN, I had several cases of spotting, right from the beginning of my pregnancy. I thought I was but when I saw those brown spots, first thing that came to mind was: "ok, the monthly visits are here so I can't be pregnant.", till the spotting stopped the next day and 2 tests shown positive results. And I had more spotting in my 34th week with her. That got me hospitalised, and her almost popping 6 weeks early!

With Ethan this time, I had no spotting at all. But I had very regular tummyaches. Again, this started right from the beginning and I had to constantly check for spotting, just in case this was due to an unstable pregnancy. I had more tummyaches into my second trimester but less regular, and less worriesome by then.

2 more weeks before we are expecting history to likely repeat itself: history of Ethan showing signs of readiness like AN did back then (and I had a memorable 28th birthday in the hospital strapped to machines because of that).

And because I feel sharp pains somewhere near my left butt without any warning very often, I have to move very slowly, especially if I were to get up from sitting or lying down. AN, my very sweet baby will be really attentive and if I have to get up to get her something (be it milk, bread or to help her to the toilet), she will remind me to get up slowly, not to rush, watch my steps, and then hold my arms tightly while bringing me near to the side of the bed.

More on how sweet she's becoming lately in another post. Just want to remember how blessed I am that even with the tanthrums that she throws at times (understandably so because she is afterall only 3 years old, and she's human. Even adults throw tanthrums..), she has a very sensitive spirit! 

I won't be surprised it's going to take a while for her to get used to sharing our attention with Ethan and I will not be surprised my posts at that point after delivery, will be of how temperamental AN has become. That's a process we have to go through but at this point, I just want to remember how sweet my baby girl is.

I love you Adrielle...

No comments: