Monday, August 30, 2010

Here, or there?

I told mum that I prefer to have confinement done at my own place last Fri and even though she didn't like the idea, she said she'll leave it to me to decide. Last night, she came home and insisted that I should be doing it here at her place instead. -______-"

I know it's more convenient for her to get groceries from their place than ours. Transportation is limited to only 1 bus sevice at my plc. And she said she sleeps better on her own bed. She also gives reasons like how my brother and dad will be able to help out when baby comes and my dad will nt need to travel to my plc each day.

She said we could bring baby's things over. I'm starting to feel overwhelmed by the things we need to bring over but she doesn't understand...so much clothes & diapers, and baby cot where there seriously is no room at their place for. She can't even suggest where we can place baby...and all our clothes? We hv been getting clothes from the luggages for the past 2 mths but when I'm stitched up down there, the last thing i want to feel is the stitches tearing while I squat to get clothes to change out of..and where to put baby clothes? And it'll b inconvenient when I nurse baby coz there are my bro and dad at hm...

And there is AN. Her 'entertainment' materials have been brought out of the boxes and she is dying to lay her hands on her playdoh and art supplies buy we had to tell her we couldn't bring so much stuf to popo's place coz there's no place to put them. She was cranky and didn't wanna compromise last evening when we told her that, but we really couldn't bring them over.

If confinement ia done at our own place, chances of her feeling left out should be minimized when she has so much things to do, from more book choices (rather than her only 3 books here now), to playdoh, to painting, to exercise books, to toys...and she can put them back by herself after she's done using them like she did back in Tucson. Since we came back, there had been no structure. Things are all over the place coz there's no place to store them, and she is starting to leave things where she last played with them. She remembered to put things away yesterday after she was done (pushed her stuffed toys into a random drawer coz there's no designated place for them yet). I don't want her to lose this habit of putting away he own toys. Mum said we could bring all these over for her, but how??? Where do we put them?? And with hardly any distractions here, AN will hv all the time to feel the rivalry from Ethan.

My bro had been sleeping in the living room for as long as we had been back. He's nt complaining but I don't want to take him for granted too. With a newborn who cries every other minute, he'll have to lose sleep as well. It is unfair to him to have to go through this. Fine if he's in his own room coz he has 2 doors to hide behind (our closed door and his) but we are separated only by ONE door. How will he go to work in the mornings after every nights' disturbance? He'll get his turn to suffer but it just doesn't feel right he's suffering now when he's still in the honeymoon mode with Krislyn.

Also, my mum gets headaches very easily and is a super light sleeper. Make her one night's rest an interrupted one and she will wake up with headaches in the morning. Since I'm nursing, it's chicken feet now for me to nurse bb to slp in the night. There's no need for her to help me at nights but she's welcome to stay at my pl of course, so that she doesn't need to travel to my plc each day. If confinement is done here at their place, she's going to wake up each time Ethan whines (and at this point, I don't even know where Ethan can sleep. Seriously no space unless we put the cot in the living room but bro sleeps there and it makes no sense he has to listen to Ethan's screams every other min at night....). Whether or not she will need to help me, she will definitely be woken. Give her 2 days and she will fall sick...

All these reasons seem to outweigh her reasons for us to remain at her plc for confinement. Grocery can be done once a week if it's troublesome. Mr Liow can go pick her up before he goes to work and send her back in the evenings if she doesn't want to stay.

We are going to have a dryer so she doesn't really need much help from my dad with laundry, plus I will be able to help fold the clothes too. AN is a good helper now.

How to get the mesasage across to convince her?

I wish Mil didnt make the move of making mum agree to helping us with confinement without asking us first...now, how? Doesn't it seem to make more sense confinement is done at our own place? Sigh...

Oh! And BM! we can hv them at hm this time. If we hv confinement at my parents' plc, we'll hv to send them away. My parents r irked by how their pee seeps through the newspapers sigh... but then we can't let them pee in the toilet coz their toilet is constantly wet. Our place is made for BM and they can pee right where we can easily rinse the floor.

I really think it makes more sense to go back, does it not?

No comments: