Wednesday, September 1, 2010

We're sick

I passed the virus to AN. Try as I did to avoid sharing food and utensils with her, something in me was super sure she'll not be spared. Once upon a time when she was nursing, she escaped countless viruses! Such is the power of breastmilk!!

This cheeky girl started showing signs of a runny nose this afternoon, so I asked her to drink more water. She asked me why, so I told her it was coz she was falling sick and water will do her good. She then asked me: "Mummy, you drink lots of water right?"

I said yes. She then asked innocently: "Then why are you sick?"

It was funny how she asked it there and then, and I really did not know how to answer her. Even Ah girl who was on the phone burst out laughing. Hehe.

And just before we k.o. for the night, I was telling Mr Liow how she was cautious about where I kiss these few days. She would go: "Mummy, you don't kiss me on my lips ok? In case I fall sick." I repeated those exact words to Mr Liow while she was busy with something and I didn't expect her to be listening to our conversation BUT before Mr Liow could even respond, she casually commented: "But then I also fell sick."

hehe.

It seems mummy's preventive measures failed terribly and this little girl is fully aware of it.

No comments: