Thursday, August 19, 2010

"I will learn to be good"

Dad was amused while listening to AN yak to herself (and him) while I was having a shower in the afternoon.

He told me what AN told him. My baby said: "Sometimes I'm a good girl, sometimes I'm naughty. But I will learn to be a good girl."

Both of my parents started teasing her, saying that she knows she has to be good but she will not remember and will misbehave again.

AN's 'self-reflection' meant a lot to me. I gave her a hug and told her that mummy will also learn to be patient with her while she learns to be a good girl. My parents were right in that she does forget, and start misbehaving. Don't we all? I know I do. I always tell myself to be patient but patience runs thin after some provocation.

I am quite impressed by AN's ability to reject offers that she knows I will not allow her to take up if I were around. My brother tried tempting her countless times with chocolates and sweets, to which AN will say 'no' (like she told my mum and MIL how she has to avoid sweets when she was sick in May/June). When she feels the temptation kicking in, instead of accepting the offer rightaway, she will come running to me for permission.

We were with the TP gang for coffee when Pam brought all the kiddos to 7-11 nearby. Pam asked AN to choose what she wanted to get and asked if she wanted some sweets. AN said no bEcause she said she wanted cheesecake and Mr Liow went to get it for her. Pam complimented AN for being well trained. I would say it does amaze me beyond my expectation of AN at this age to be able to remember what I tell her.

She is serious when she says she will learn to be a good girl. Mummy also has so much to learn, even more than this little girl who tries so hard. I pray that the Lord will continue to mould me to be a loving mum to my babies and that non of my disciplinary methods will crush her (and ER's) child-likeness. I pray that I will learn to teach Godly values that will stay with them for life.

My greatest prayers is for them to grow up bringing blessings to everyone around and if the Lord calls any of them to do His work, they will have all the heart to serve Him.

No comments: