Sunday, August 22, 2010

Very very tiring...

Can't help lamenting that although ER's arrival is planned for and we are thankful to have him, somehow it seems it would have been even better if he came AFTER our house is ready.

It's a long day today with delivery of the TV, Barang Barang and Bellari stuff. I did not realise that we would be meeting the TP gang in the afternoon and arranged for a dinner for my whole family including my brother's girlfriend whom we've only met twice thus far. I thought it would be nice to dine out during one weekend and I do not have many weekends left before freedom leaves me for at least a few months after ER arrives.

So the solid surface people were not able to come on time and we had to leave to meet TP gang. Thank God for my mum who helped me wash up my disgustingly mouldy fridge and it's almost back to it's former glory. Almost. We then had to rush to bring AN back from my SIL's plc, reach TP by 5pm, spent less than an hr with them and then rush home to bath and get ready for dinner. Had I known we were meeting the gang earlier, it would be a better idea to fix the dinner plans next week instead.

While mum and I were cleaning up (I was doing minimum cleaning and already am aching all over now...), Mr Liow was shifting all our 90 over boxes out of the rooms all by himself. He's done with probably abt half coz while he was shifting, our stuff arrived and he had to attend to them. At the same time, he would also be on the phone with our contractor to check about things that did seem to look right.

For what was left undone today, we had to get it done tomorrow. I am of almost no help to Mr Liow in shifting boxes of the rooms and I'm really worried all these carrying of such heavy stuff will cause his slipdisc to relapse :( if only I'm not pregnant now, I could at least carry the lighter cartons out. It worries me to see him move so many boxes all by himself :(

Those boxes have to be out of the rooms by tmr coz varnishing will be done on Friday and Mr Liow may not have time to shift them out after work.

He's already knocked out by now, and complaining of an aching back (Thank God he's not complaining of PAIN!! Slipdisc is scary...). There are more to be done tomorrow. Praying that the old ailment will not come back to torture him.

I wish I can help more... Guess tomorrow, I'll try to get things out of boxes and store them away in cabinets as much as I can so that there will be lesser heavy boxes for him to shift..

We're nt the only tired ones. Thank God for my mum's help too. For all the scrubbing, we know for sure Our fridge is clean now. It's only the exterior that irks but that's fine, as long as we have a clean and hygenic place to store fresh produce. Else Mr Liow will also have to clean the fridge up after all the physically challenging work...

Again, if only ER's nt arriving this soon, I can be of much more help... :(

No comments: