Monday, September 27, 2010

Near electrocution and fire!

Mr Liow was waiting for the water heater to heat the water up when all of a sudden, there were sparks!!!! He was waiting to shower and could already have been showering! Thank God for His protection. In fact, my mum just bathed slightly before he did, and I washed my hands too. If the sparks that very likely indicated a shorT circuit in the water heating tank happened just when any of us were using water, I wonder how likely will any of us be elecrocuted, especially Mr Liow coz he only stopped to tell me something for a while before he stepped right in for his shower!!

Upon inspection, Andy the fireman saw bent wires and suspected electrical arcing. Suddenly felt secured with my bro around, especially after I watched him and his team's efforts in fighting fires that can burn so ferociously on YouTube. Mr Liow was on the phone at that point mentioning the same suspicion to our contractor.

I'm not sure if the water will be carrying electricity at that point of the short circuit. If yes, I was just seconds close to losing my hubby barely a week after we had our second child. I'm still feeling jittery thinking of what the results could have been!! And I'm just soooooooo thankful for the Lord's protection. Just so thankful!

Thank you Lord for sparing me the pain of losing Mr Liow (or even my mum, if this happened slightly earlier), for protecting us from even being anywhere near those sparks at that point! Those sparks were almost like fireworks, or like someone was doing welding in the shower area! Even if not electrocuted, anyone in there could have gotten burnt by the big sparks!

Thank you Lord for watching over us all!!

No comments: