Friday, October 22, 2010

Bad New to announce

We have decided to put Baileys and Maen up for adoption.

They have just returned home from boarding but have these odd looking bumps (more so on Maen. Baileys still ok). We will bring them to the vet for a review tomorrow and will update when I get to.

At this point, I can no longer say they can easily settle down for themselves because they cannot control the urge to scratch, and they cannot apply medications on their own.

Mr Liow and I discussed and when I suggested we find them a good home, he was hesitant. He couldn't bear to not have them with us anymore.

But then we both agreed that even with them not around and after my confinement (without mum around), I'm already up to my neck with ER (the non-stop diaper change, feeding, diaper change and feeding again) and the constant calling out from AN to play with her. I have not more time to make sure they recover well anymore.

They need someone who has time, and most of all the attention they need and crave, with or without skin problems.

And I don't want to sound noble, appearing to only consider Baileys and Maen's benefits.

The human kiddos are also of a concern to me now. With those bumps, I wonder if it's going to be contagious. And the medications we are expecting from the vet tomorrow, I'm worried about contamination (AN may go touch them and next moment get food with unwashed hands from contact with creams and such, or worse, put her finger into ER's mouth to pacify him like she likes to do!! I fear the thought!).

So anyone, if you kindly know of friends who loves dogs, especially CKCS-es and if they are still willing to accept BM into their family with the need to medicate (I'm almost sure it's going to be temporal medication if appropriate care is given), please let me know ya?

I think most of you who reads my blog knows BM personally. No aggression, no bad habits (unless one considers Maen's scratching of her own bed a bad habit) and lots of affections...I hope they will go to a home who will give them the love and attention they so deserve...

No comments: