Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Crazy things happen

And more to come..

Woke up at 8am. Was about to clear the shit in the toilet but it was so dark. Light are now totally gone. NO MORE LIGHTS IN THE TOILET.

I had been telling Mr Liow when I first noticed the light flickering. He didn't think much of it. Then it randomly wouldn't turn on, so I suggested we get the light each time we went to the supermarket. He said he didn't know what light to get so we could never get new lights to stock up. He said he would check up no he didn't. The apache incident got him really busy, and now that it's been answered for, he still is coz he has to settle what comes AFTER.

I didn't want to bother him too much. He's been busy at work and busy with AN after work. Sometimes I wish he'd be more detail minded or proactive at home. I can tell him something many many times, till it slips my mind and it gets forgotten. Yet I feel bad nagging about these things coz I know if he could, he'd want to relax after work. But then when the need for what we all have forgotten arise again, it's almost always at the wrong time and I'd be the one having to do something about it, in this case, clear shit on dark grey floor, in the dark. I dont' even know if I'm stepping on shit....by...the....way!!!

And by the way, we have 2 separate lights in the toilet...one up in the middle, one at the wall where the mirror and sink is. Both are now down...so imagine how many times I've talked about getting LIGHTS and got none...Dear, I know you busy, but please...at least SHOW ME THOSE LIGHTS SO I CAN GET THEM SOMEWHERE SOMEHOW OK?

I don't see shit on my feet after I was done, and I don't smell shit. I don't think I walked on shit.

Hate it when things we need go missing at the wrong time...

I see stray stuff lying around, I put them back. Mr Liow can't find, I direct him to the place to RETURN THEM TO, he takes them out to use, and then they go missing again... Don't want to keep nagging at him so, I wait till I reach my limit before I explode at him.

There was a pair of socks on top of our shoe cabinet. I don't know if they are clean and I don't want to go smell them. They had been lying there for days and no one claimed them. Whatever that doesn't belong to anyone, they become Baileys' and Maen's. This has been houserules for years.

So while we were out last evening, Baileys and Maen went to play with them. They didn't chew through the socks but they were happy to find something to play with that smells familiar at the same time. Mr Liow admitted those were his, and they were not clean. Laundry basket is in the kitchen, less than 10 steps from where he threw the socks on the cabinet.

He finally threw them in the basket last night, and then I saw another pair lying there when I went to switch the lights off to turn in for the night. I give up....Something tells me that is the pair he's currently using, but I'd prefer them to be in his shoes, not thrown onto the cabinet....sigh...

And AN has to do wierd things lately, like peeling transparent plastics off her rubix cube, taking 2 hours to drink her milk for breakfast (if I don't remind her to drink), taking forever to finish her tiny portion of food (coz she doesn't chew!!!!!! ARGH1!!!!!)

Or she would touch this, touch that, and then pretend to be a baby with fingers to her mouth. She probably is just doing what she does all the time: play pretend. But it's not happening at the right time when I have not time to wash her hands, or forgets to remind her.

And then while I was cleaning the shit in the toilet just now (with shit on papers and hopefully none on my hands), AN wanted to shit too...I was praying real hard ER will not wake up at this time...Thank God he didn't, but he did after his jie jie finished shitting. So BM's shit were left alone in the toilet for a while longer.

She asked to paint but no, sorry. No time to clean up after her or wash her hands. So she's left to find her own things to play with and when left on her own, there are bounds to be things that happen to get me upset about. I know she's not being naughty, just that wrong things happen at the wrong time and it's really frustrating!

ER happens to fuss more than few weeks back, so I can only do things when he's sleeping. When he's awake, he'll be fussing for something. What that 'something' is, it's for me to find out. I latch him on to see if he wants to drink. Sometimes he drinks and fusses at the same time and starts crying when I wait on to see if he feels more comfy with a new angle to drink from. If he still cries, I'll try burping him. He'd feel fine after a burp before last week but this week is different. Sometimes he doesn't burp but keeps crying. Sometimes he burps, and then continues to cry. I'd then check his diapers hoping it's dirty coz if it's not, I seriously do not know what else I can do to make him feel better, other than latch him back onto my breast again to pacify him.

This 'Guess my intention' game I play with him each day can last anything from half an hour to 2 hrs...Everything else has to wait because I can't switch him off.

And then AN also needs attention. She waits and waits and waits, trying to be patient, till she has enough of waiting and starts chanting: "Mummy come..mummy come...mummy come."

In my house, you'll hear the 3 yr old yaking and asking for help, the month old baby crying and crying for attention, escalating to screams if attention is not given. And the things that are to be done which keeps piling up. Dishes, canine wastes in the toilet, the need to feed the 3 yr old and 6 yr olds as the clock tick away, the sticky floor that has to be cleaned, the soiled diaper that the infant has to be changed out of etc etc etc. The list goes on and very unexpected things always happen in the midst of me trying to settle things one by one..

At this hour (12.18pm), I've not bathed the kids yet. I'm taking a breather, ignoring the need to complete my 'to-do' list. Sometimes at this hour, AN hasn't even brushed her teeth..And I'm breathing properly now coz the infant is peacefully in dreamland.

ARGH....ER is awake. Thanks to Maen!!!! GRRRRR....GTG NW.

No comments: