Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Ouch!

I tried latching ER in sleeping position for the whole of last nite. that was our second attempt. To give us more space, Mr Liow slept in the other room with AN.

ER didn't sleep as well as he did the previous night. He kept fussing and spitting up milk. There were a few times he was more like throwing up than just spitting.

I decided to cradle hold him when it was near morning. He is either still too young to nurse lying down, or not suitable. There goes my convenience and sleep.

The whole morning after that, he kept burping milk out, and even if it was just air, the burp would be strong enough to 'throw' his body back. This is something very new to me.

sigh...

Will wait another 2 weeks or so to try again.

And from just those 2 nights of nursing like that, my aerola got swollen. It started off with blocked ducts which won't go away no matter how I massaged the area. My professional nurser helped empty my left b....t but just couldn't clear the blocked ducts. So, I don't know hw but the swell from the ducts moved down to the aerola.

It's super painful to nurse on my left now and I'm so tempted to leave that side alone but I can't else it'll only get engorged and that's the end of Left's nursing career.

Am going to grit my teeth and bear with it while the kids nurse. Just hope its not going to turn into some infection and make me sick.

I couldn't afford to be sick with 1 kid, even more so now with 2, one of whom totally relies on me for milk.

I am going to start pumping and building up my milk bank again. Once things are more settled, I'll start networking for assignments again. I'm excited at the thought! Just exploring with Shirl her Halloween look on Sun was enough to get me all warmed up.

Dunno where to start from this time but... I'm sure things will work out :)

No comments: