Sunday, October 24, 2010

Growth Spurt again?

ER had been fussing for hours before bedtime. Thank God Mr Liow was home to help coz I had to do the dishes and put the laundry out to dry. Even with Mr Liow at home, AN had to keep going: "Mummy mummy (something)".

AN looked tired by 10plus, so we thought we should tuck in earlier tonight. Thought we can at least watch one of the many shows Mr Liow downloaded, with him after so long. I miss having Mr Liow beside me instead of the kids, miss those days when I'd watch a show with Mr Liow and doze off, leaving only him watching by himself. Hee. Mr Liow is hopeful this day will come again and kept on downloading more shows so we do not run out.

I thought it's going to be today, since for once AN started looking sleepy this early. Since we came back, she's been falling asleep only past midnight.

I nursed ER while Mr Liow played with AN who was waiting for me to be done and lie down with her. ER decided today that he wasn't about to let go soon enough for mummy to settle jie jie earlier. Mr Liow got tired before ER let go of me, and before AN got any sleepier.

No chance of watching anything now, so I asked him to go rest and leave the kids to me.

By midnight, AN was still waiting for me. ER was still happily sucking like he missed every single feed for today. I was sleepy by then as well and dozed off while nursing him. AN found my dozing off amusing and asked me why I feel so sleepy. She will understand when she has her own kids in future.

I asked AN to lie down and sleep first. ER didn't look like he was ready to sleep soon. He was still wide awake even after the more than an hour of drinking! He wasn't just suckling for comfort. He was really hungry!

The jie jie laid down but continued talking to me for the next...i lost track of how long, coz I was tired too by then, and dreamy already. Finally she talked herself into dreamland and I couldn't take it anymore too. I laid ER down beside me to drink as much as he wanted while I rest for a while. I saw it was 1:xxam by then..

This marks my first successful attempt at nursing ER lying down! He spit up everything when I tried tt during his first month so I stopped doing that with him. Milk stays in him longer when I hold him at an angle.

I fell asleep and woke up at 2plus. My boy is finally asleep! Yeah! He doesn't appear to need to suckle for comfort like AN used to. He latches on and drinks, then lets go (and he drank for a,total of almost 3hrs tonight! Unbelievable! He drank through countless letdowns!)

AN used to nibble & fall asleep soon after. I'd unlatch her, she'd cry and then i'd hold her close again to suckle. She was constantly stuck to me. That prob explains why I cannot be out of her sight for too long, even till now?

I'm happY to realise ER is nw able to nurse lying down. This means I can get more rest from now on! I thought 3 hrs of mem mem buffet shld be enough to last that boy hours...but he woke up slightly after 3am again, wanting milk again. He drank for less than 10mins and let go. It's been over an hr since he drank and I'm nw sleepless -______-"

So many things on my mind now that's keeping me awake: we hv to get more bulbs. Our lights are going out one after another. We're running out of toilet papers. I promised to get more Yakult for AN, better not forget. I must remember to feed BM antibiotics. Does anyone know if I can continue to give missing link? Maybe I shld not give till they r done with antibiotics. I've not found my white base! Meeting Mummy Leong tmr to try out the black swan look for her halloween party and I've nt even dug my white base out from my MU kit. Die...still in the carton I think! Have I paid out all our bills yet? Oh, I think I can use colloidal silver on BM right? Aiya! Forgot to get Mr Liow to ask vet!! Go online to check after this. Hmm....what's for lunch on Monday? Dun think it's possible to cook..must check out tingkat meals. Maybe get some ingredients to make soupy food for some of the wkdays' lunch following this...

Did I miss something out? I shld go do up a shopping list nw so we dun forget to get anything tmr. Oh! No more rice le! Must buy.

No comments: