Sunday, October 24, 2010

End of Discussion

Feels like mini doggiesite here all of a sudden, when there are silent readers who pop out of nowhere, not introducing themselves, and start making comments that will not improve the situation we are in now.

This is my personal space where I share my thoughts. My life is not just all about my hubby, kids, house or dogs. Its made up of minor and major events as well. Fine if you think I fail badly as a human. I am not perfect, and if it makes you feel better, I apologise for being less noble than some of you here.

I only need to clarify that BM are in no hurry to leave us. I am learning to adjust, am I not? You do not know, and I don't blame you (not including those friends who have been advising me, and helping me in ways that WILL help). I didn't specifically share that they are still with me (maybe it's not obvious enough) or that we will be together forever until someone better comes along (if they do not live beyond their 11 yrs of lifespan, I think I must have been subconsiously feeding them poison).

Am just feeling rather spiteful now. Pardon me (you don't have to if you don't feel like it)

Just wondering, have I been putting up ads up everywhere informing the whole world that BM needs to go asap behind my own back? I might have, so I went on some of the doggie forums to check. Haven't found any posts by myself or my clone.

Ok, enough of the sacarsm. Here's the serious thing:

I just want to keep the option open. I dont have to please everyone who reads my blog (i'm telling myself this because I actually wanted to present a fake me to my online circle of readers coz you do not know me enough. Friends know me so I don't have to explain so much).

If I wants them out now, we wont bother bringing them to vet.

If I want them out now, I wont need to feed them antibiotics (why get meds frm vet anyway? I must be mad right?)

If I want them out now, maybe find an auspicious day first, meanwhile, trap them in the airline crates they came bAck in. Find a good date and bring them to the dog run and then secretly go home..or even more convenient thing to do, bring them to the big field across our home and let them go. They don't know their way home.

If I want them out now, I will put them up for fostering and let someone else do the screening process. Or don't need to screen also nevermind.

If I want them out now, a slower but more effective way is to post them online (in ads or online forums). Who cares if Amanda or Marina Tan comes looking for me with a new identity? I haven't had time to update myself on new wierd entities lately but no I won't care. Someone just has to come and take them away ok?

No. I don't want to post on webs coz I won't know who these people are. I want friends to help me keep a heads up for genuine adopters who they personally know. I am looking for good homes, and I repeat, not just a new roof over their head. This I can give! I have a roof over the whole family's head! 

No. I don't want them to go to foster homes. Like I said, I'm not very noble. If their skin condition is contagious, I have to put them somewhere first because I don't want my newborn and 3 yr old to catch anything. As it is, I barely finish a days' worth of work in 24 hours and only this much ability. If kids fall sick, it's bad. Any mother can tell you the same thing. Anyone who has kids in the family (nieces or nephews) can tell you that. Or if you have furkids who fall sick, you will understand too, IF YOU TRY TO.

No. I will not abandon them or put them to sleep. No. I will not trap them in the crate or the kitchen, or a small corner of the house. The house is as much theirs as it is ours. This is their home for as long as possible (not as long as they live. I can't guarantee that anymore. How many of you can guarantee the same thing? One day you'll realise someone has to stab you for some decisions you make, no matter how much thought or effort you put in before making the final call.).

Yes I love them. (yes, I know, crap talk, right? Love them and still want to give them away. Nevermind what you think if you still do not know what I'm trying to put across after reading so many words.) We came back with loads of goodies for them. But they are basically latchkey dogs. They have a new leather bed, have been on supposed high end kibbles (yeah...kibbles only what...not BARF. I will if no kids. They had been on BARF before AN started crawling..and 15 years ago, I never knew BARF.), have yummy dental chews (because I have no time to brush their teeth anymore.). And they also have new and expensive EPO shampoos in gallons that we will never run out of till the day they die. Check out BM's loots in past posts, or not if you have been following us instead of popping in only at this point to add salt to the cut in my heart..

THIS IS REALITY. WE'RE TRYING TO MAKE UP FOR THE LOSS OF QUALITY TIME AND PROPER LOVE BY SUBSTITUTING WITH MATERIAL STUFF!

Are you wow-ing at what BM have? They should really stay and enjoy life with us because we bought them lots of good stuff you know? You think they will enjoy all these things we got them? I missed giving them cuddles so much...I miss having both of them squeeze onto my laps and falling asleep. I missed grooming them myself. I missed speaking to them, whether or not they understand what I say. I miss our relationship and it's bold of me to assume they too miss those days. 

I dare say they miss love more than they will enjoy all those good things we bought them. 

Do you not think it hurts to make this decision? I've not had anyone contact me yet (but of course, I'M NOT IN A HURRY TO SHOO THEM OUT OF THE HOUSE!) and frankly, you (who also love your dog/s) will be able to imagine what it's going to feel like if you had to send your dog away (no, you won't send your dog/s away but you can at least try to put yourself in the situation and FEEL the pain. Pain right?).

Sigh...discussion is over. I'm tired from all these physical activities by day and trying to explain myself by night when the kids are sleeping. 

If you care enough, please let me know who to watch out for so that BM will not fall into the wrong hands. Singapore is only this small...I don't want to find out that I have an "Amanda" or "Marina Tan" or some wierd people as my friends, the hard way.. Or if you can update me on the latest scams or new adopters to beware of.

Thank you. Life resumes from here. You will  still read of my complaints about the kids, the dogs, Mr Liow and things in my life, the way it's always been on my blog.

This littleflower in me is trying not to be weary when the wind starts to blow at me day in and out. I don't need people who enjoy stomping on plants..

No comments: