Thursday, October 14, 2010

Improvement

Today's a better day. I notice AN trying to listen and obey. She does still try her luck but comes back to her senses a few times today before I get upset.

I was about to nap with her when she told me: "mum, I can nap by myself. If you are busy, you can go do your own things."

That was nice to hear, so I changed her into pjs, covered her under her blanket (she loves to sleep in long sleeved pjs with long pants, or fully covered rompers, with blanket drawn up to her neck! In this hot weather!), and kissed her sweet dreams. And I left the room to tell mum what AN told me. Mum laughed and we wondered if she was able to do as she said. Before we finished talking about it, I heard her knocking on the door from inside her room -______-"

She sheepishly whispered that she slept on her own for a while and it's time I come back to sleep with her. We'll try again tomorrow. She DID try (for 2 mins) but wasn't able to fall asleep without me beside her. And she wasn't keen to try tomorrow but agreed after a while. She's now fast asleep, less than 5mins after we hit the pillows.

ER had been a sleepy baby since birth, waking up only to drink and suckled long and hard when he woke up hungry. But from the start if his 3rd week, he's been waking up very often to drink, but suckles for only abt 5 mins. He woke up every 2 hrs to drink and from 7am, he woke up every hour. He's going through his 3rd week growth spurt.

Din get much sleep last night. Am thankful AN's helping by
trying her best.

ER spits out milk quite frequently. I don't really mind him waking up more and drinking less each time. that will be less stressful on his stomach.

And the jie jie is so cute. she says ER smells like my mem mem (maybe coz he has milk all over him) and before nap just now,she thinks she smell him in the room when he was in the rocker outside with my mum.

Hehe.

No comments: