Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Not Exactly A Bed of Roses

No doubt, AN has been a very loving elder sister and very sharing most times. Even if she didn't feel much like sharing, she will relent with a little more pleading, without much effort on our part.

Still, I have to keep a post of how 'not very perfect' my darling can be. Not that I want to remember bad things, but so that I can remember certain behaviours should we end up expecting a 3rd child. Hehe. That's to be fair to ER so I do not assume him being a boy, will definitely be far worse than AN.

AN's been behaving like a monkey lately. Literally.

She climbs and jumps around a lot lately, especially on the sofa. I do not want her to miss a step and fall off and will remind her countless times not to walk around on it. There will be times too, when she carries on doing exactly what I ask of her not to do, and she does them repeatedly.....up to a point where I start speaking sternly and she'll run to either hide somewhere as if it was our game, or hide behind me so that I can't see her. Either that or she will totally ignore me when I speak to her.

It seems necessary that I raise my voice when I speak before she decides to listen....

She's got more problems with the same old issue: eating. And now, she takes her time to drink her milk in the morning. Every meal time is a struggle. For a while, she seemed to have improved (at my parents place and during that period, even when we dined out). Now we're back to square one.

Just a while ago, while bathing ER, the jie jie tried to be helpful and wanted to pull the shower curtain shut so that "no one can see Ethan bathing", I wasn't paying attention to what she was doing and she must have tugged too hard coz the whole shower rod + curtain fell, onto the top of her head.

She cried coz it hurt. I wanted so much to go check on her immediately but I couldn't coz ER was still soapy...and then the longer I took to bath him while she cried in pain, the more upset I felt. I looked at the mess, and with 2 kids crying at the same time, it's hard to keep myself sane. ER HATES to be bathed -____-" It's getting better in that he cries lesser now and sometimes doesn't but he got frightened by the noise when the rod hit the floor, and I think jie jie's crying frightened him too..

I had to keep quiet for a while, else I'll end up scolding her and I didn't want to coz she was in pain, and she didn't realise the rod will fall. So I took my time with ER, changing him, until the jie jie finished crying.

She said the top of her head hurt when I asked and as I rubbed it, she leaned her head on me..my baby. I felt so bad coz at that point while rubbing the site of pain, I felt this strong urge to scold her. Thank God I didn't. She needed a sympathetic mummy at that point, not a crazy one who is constantly frustrated (it's hard not to be!).

Please pray with me that I will be able to remain sane in situations that may possible make me go crazy. I'll need self control, patience, gentleness and understanding.

No comments: