Friday, October 22, 2010

Stubborn stubborn Adrielle

Everyday seems worse than the day before. She just gets increasingly stubborn.

I've just found my freedom back and wanted to make dinner for AN like I used to, so while ER was asleep, I made something simple: Alfredo pasta. I didn't know the sauce tasted so bland (Alfredo sauces in States taste richer! Not that they are higher in sodium coz I checked the sodium level per serving and its only less than 100mg difference).

Just a simple dish and the whole kitchen felt sticky, so there were more washing and cleaning up to do.

The moment AN had her first scoop, she looked disgusted and.said :"Not nice." And she refused to eat. Full Stop. In the past, no matter, unless it's meat or fish, or something new, she would at most take longer to chew but she would never reject at first sight. No amount of coaxing, threats or punishment WORKED. Mr Liow got her favourite hot wings but she said she didn't want anymore after finishing less than 1. Mr Liow managed to continue feeding her and she finished ALL. Wasn't she stubborn???

Same goes for this morning. I made half the amount of milk that she usually has each morning and she took few sips, stopped and told me she had enough. Again, coaxing didn't work, and seeing how upset it made me did not make her finish her milk either. I put her in her naughty corner before she decided to finish that 100mls of milk...

Before she napped, she wanted lights. Never before have we slept with lights on, let to mention lights for nap when it's so bright outside (blinds are opened!). She fussed and refused to put her training pants on and even when I reminded her that she promised to listen to me, she stubbornly insisted on lights and no training pants. Off to naughty corner she went before would put her training pants on.

In the past, reminding her that she has to listen to me does the job (unless she was cranky coz it was near sleeping time).

These were just some incidents from last evening. There were that happened before, more incidents that even Mr Liow lost his patience...

Is my sweet angel gone? I really do not know this stubborn girl. She's beyond recognition....

I'm really clueless, no idea how I can get my ideas across now. She doesn't care that her disobedience upsets me anymore, and she doesn't care that she's breaking her promises to me. It feels like she doesn't care what will happen as long as she gets it her way...

What am I supposed to do??? I dreamt of the things she's been insisting on doing lately that we specifically said no to and the increased stubborn streak in her. I broke down in my dream and woke up still crying uncontrollably...

I think I lost AN...kinda sad isn't it?

No comments: