Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Home alone from 4th - 13th December

Dawn's post reminds me, Mr Liow will be going to Orlando for 10 days and it's going to be me and the kids alone, without him. Thank God mum agreed to come stya with me to help me over the weekdays and MIL over the weekend in his absence. At least I won't go nuts being stuck at home for 10 whole days with a crying infant and attention-hungry preschooler. Not to forget the 2 mess making furkids.

a
During our 2 years in Tucson, he did go away for more exercises (deployments). Some major ones stretching over a month and some over only weekends. With an older AN by then, it was easier as well. Not to mention, enjoyable (when I was able to drive around by then!! )

Now with the 2 kids at such ages, it's totally different. I can't bring 2 kids out on my own, even if I drive (no guts to drive alone at all!! I could drive confidently without Mr Liow in Tucson...not here for sure.). If I were to travel by public transport, I'll collapse from exhaustion at the end of the day coz I won't be able to bring stroller for sure and manage 2 kids...That means I'll have to sling ER and he's not really that light now.

Even if I survive a day out, I'll dread coming home to sticky floors (and cross my fingers, that both of them do not plot revenge on me and flood the toilet floor before emptying the rest of their bowels outside the toilet...).

So, unless my mum gives me the encouragement, I will not initiate an outing with the kids.

Dear, you really are my pillar of strength. You are my superman. hehe. Enjoy your freedom while you can but remember, the rest of your village will be right there waiting for you. hehe.

No comments: