Friday, December 10, 2010

Day 7: The mums

Thank God for the mums, both.

MIL spent last weekend with us and cooked for us. She's back again this week. Relationship now is somewhat different.

There are still differences. I still have problems with some of her values or ways of doing things but we have more to talk about now, somehow.

She's been sharing with me stuff and asking for my opinions. She maintains her stand and I maintain mine. Topics were close to heart and I appreciate the sharing session.

As for mum, she's been here the whole week, helping with the cooking, some housework and with the kids. I'd have felt my privacy being invaded in the past. I know, ungrateful me. This time, maybe as I age, I'm learning to appreciate the help. What privacy? How much can privacy be worth?

One day when it's my turn grow old, I hope to fade away quiety. Life is this simple. What used to be important are no longer as important now.

No comments: