Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 5: More interesting words she's used

While skyping with Mr Liow this afternoon, AN was busy with something behind me. She dropped it I guess, and went: "Oh shit!"

Again, I looked back but she didn't hide this time. She repeated herself when I asked her what she said. I'm ok with "oh shit" but I was curious where she heard that from. She said daddy says it. Mr Liow was like: "No! Not me!" over Skype and both of them started pointing fingers at each other. Hehe.

She said it again a second time and I told her she can say: "oh my goodness" instead. I heard her use "oh my goodness" once, and "oh my god". I think she's learning to punctuate her sentences with words now.

When ER suckles till there's "letdown" of breastmilk (and milk spurts out uncontrollably), and then he lets go, there will be a mess! I've gone: "jia lat!" on many of such occasions. AN saw this happen today, panicked and went: "jia lat! Mummy I get the hanky for you!"

Mum and I looked at each other, wondering if we heard her say that. She noticed and repeated herself: "mummy, jia lat...so messy."

*faint*

For those who wonder what "jia lat" is, it's literally translated as "eat strength" from hokkien and means big trouble or simply "oh no" (I wonder why the words and its meaning are not related).

These exclamation do not bother me as much. Hee.

By the way, AN was in her best behaviour today, or at least I noticed her trying. We had no arguments today. She was cooperative, said sorry immediately when she realised her mistakes and stopped doing what she apologised for.

One thing though, was that she needed someone with her all the time and ah girl happen to be her companion for the whole day and since last evening.

Poor yiyi. hehe.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: