Monday, January 24, 2011

Our Adrielle

Miscommunication is...

AN: "Daddy, hold my fishballs for me."
Me: "Do you still want them, coz if not Daddy will finish them."
AN, distracted: "ok".

Daddy ate the fishballs.

Minutes later...
AN: "Mummy, you don't finish my fishballs ok? If not when I want to eat them later, I have no more."
Me: "Huh? I thought you said you didn't want them anymore? Coz Daddy finished them already!"
AN: "Daddy, don't eat them please! I want to eat them later!"
Daddy: "WHAT????? But you said you didn't want them anymore??"
AN: "I thought we were going to gu gu's (My SIL) house, that's why I ask you to hold for me only!"

-______-"


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And she is like Donkey, out of Shrek

AN: "Lalal....wo bu shi... lala..." (Singing to her self composed music and self inspired lyrics)
Me: "Adrielle, please keep quiet. Ethan is falling asleep. Please don't wake him up again."


AN went silent and all was well....till she started humming softly, slowly increasing her volume.

Me: "Adrielle....pleeeasssseee...."


Silence again

AN: "Mummy, you know what? The other little children keep giving me sweets in school." (Starts sharing everything that happens in school for the millionth time in the middle of the night when she was supposed to be sleeping)
Me: "Yes I know. Can you tell me more tomorrow and SLEEP NOW?"

ER started fidgeting by then and AN went silent again.


Less than an minute later
AN: "Dang dang!"(to the tune of an ending to most common jingles)
ER started crying and I was super irritated by then. AN hurriedly apologised.

All was silent again for a long time... and then .....
AN: "Mummy, can I have mem mem?"

-_____-"

ARGH....!!!!! ADRIELLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: