Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Wrong move

So, I told AN to have her meals in school this morning before Mr Liow sent her there. It was not a cheerful goodbye and I felt bad.

Arrangement had been agreed upon, that my parents will pick her up and I'll 'collect' her from their place. But because of the earlier scolding she got from me and the guilt I felt for not sending her off happily, plus Mr Liow mentioned that she sobbed as he left her this morning, I decided to pick her up myself. I was worried she'd feel abandoned coz she got it from me and may think school is punishment.

She had breakfast at school though. She was supposed to have lunch and take her shower in school today.

But, I made these mistake of calling my parents before coming over. I told mum I wanted to be around to pick AN up coz mr liow told me she was sobbing when he left. Mum told dad panicked and disappeared from home.

Mum thought he was on his way to accompany me back to their place (my dad NEVER encouraged me to travel alone with the kids, since AN was an infant). 10mins later, mum called to tell me dad brought AN home, at 12pm -_____-" AN's school ends at 1.30pm.

Dad said he went to peep into the class after he heard from mum that she cried this morning and AN saw him. She started crying after that. Teacher said she didn't cry before that but too late, dad took her home.

sigh...

I could feel myself getting increasingly upset. There I am trying to let go so AN can get used to school, there he went to take her away just because I said she cried.

Was glad I chose to swallow the frustration and calmly told him to let AN cry it out if she needed to because it is normal. He felt bad too coz he said teacher told him AN did not cry before that. He just didn't know how to react when AN saw him and started crying. The only thing he could do was to bring her back to their place.

We just have to try again with the lunch and bath tomorrow. Thank God mum made lunch for AN so she had porridge before dozing off till I arrived.

I pray that I'll learn to swallow my frustrations even if she chooses not to finish her milk tomorrow so that I can send her off happily to school.

No comments: