Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day 12: Big Sister AN

Countdown: 12 days

Sabina brought baby Angelyn over this afternoon to collect her makeup.

AN seems to be less shy at home and brought out all her toys to place with the baby. Angelyn is only near 7 months and wasn't able to play with most of AN's toys. Still, AN was happy to show her how they work.

Angelyn pooped and Sabina had to change her diapers. AN leaned over while watching Sabina change Angelyn. I watched AN and was reminded of how it used to be me changing AN when she was that little. That moment of AN beside Angelyn also reminded me that AN's growing up so fast, that I really have to treasure every day of AN's childhood.

How time flies...

AN just keep getting increasingly adorable lately.

She's easily tickled and very cheeky.

She would dig her nose and spread the dirt onto me, pretend to walk into me and bounced off, ask to play her favourite songs (put the disc in and get it to play by herself) and go: "Mummy let's dance together!" or wants piggyback rides every now and then (or simply help herself by jumping onto me whenever I bend down to clear BM's output in the toilet)

AN enjoys playing her musical instruments to music. Every instrument in her possession is useful for every song. I must say she is quite good with rhythm: she could tap the tambourine at the exact beat and even improvises her own beats to the rhythm.

Before Sabina and Angelyn came this afternoon, AN took a nap but not for long. Seeing that Sabina would be reaching soon and AN was awake at the right time, I started talking to AN who was suckling to go back to dreamland to keep her awake. The moment she heard baby Angelyn was coming, she pushed herself up and told me: "OK! Let's stop drinking mem mem!"

She's been using "Let's (do whatever)" a lot recently. "Let's dance!", "Let's eat!", "Let's bring the water out!" etc etc.

And there would be something endearing or super adorable that she says each day that make me love her more. She's also been obedient and politely asking for permission to do certain things (not all the time but being obedient and polite for most of the time does make it easier for me to bear with her crankiness when it has to come, and crankiness has been out of action lately. Thank God!)

The only thing that she still is trying to learn, is to be gentle with Baileys and Maen.

She's really rough to them. sigh....I can't stop being thankful that B & M has boundless patience with her. She runs the toy stroller into them while they sleep and all they do is hop away from her. Bailey resorts to sleeping in the kitchen and even then, AN does not leave him alone. Maen on the other hand, sleeps near us in the living room still, and bears with all the potential hazard that AN brings along with her.

AN wants to have B and M lick her like they lick me and forces herself on them. Maen freezes while Baileys attempts to leave the awkward 'confrontation'. So, I taught her to go low and near them, and wait for them to approach. Whenever they do that and give her the licks that she wants, she will get so excited and give me the cheeky look while proudly exclaiming: "Awww...Baileys (or Maen) loves Adrielle. So sweet!"

This week's been rather packed with visits and I will very likely bring AN to Isabelle's place this Fri (Isabelle's makeup has also just arrived with evening! We've been buying so much cosmetics lately. Mr Liow, I'm not the only one ah. ;p)

I'm hoping to bring AN to DM some time next week. Since I've gone on I10 to the zoo last week and again this Sunday. By next week, I should no longer be as jittery travelling by the highway. Will still pray for journey mercy every time though. I'm afterall a typical lady driver and I'm honest about it. hehe)

Mr Liow will be back next Sunday. It's good to be able to drive now else 3 weeks will really feel like eternity.

By the time Mr Liow comes back, it will be soon that Jaslin leaves (with Junxiang and CuteB).

She's a really sweet girl and reminds me of Lishi (LS if you are reading this, it means I've been missing you too!). I'm going to miss her dropping by with CuteB and seeing them on their daily walks outside while I prepare meals in the kitchen.

Oh yes! BM's quarantine might be reduced to 10 days instead of 30 days from 1 Jan 2010 onwards! I'm so excited about it! There are 3 sub categories to the one that BM belong to and they seem to fit into the category that states quarantine as 10 days.

Another thing to be thankful for!

No comments: