Saturday, November 14, 2009

Day 15: Playing with Kim and Issac

Countdown: 9 days

It's only 9 days and Mr Liow will be back. In fact if I didn't hear him wrongly, he should start to leave in 7 days time (the journey back will take about 2 days like then when he went).

Brought AN to Isabelle's place this afternoon. She made salad and Assam Seafood for lunch. It was yummy! We've run out of Assam premixed packs, so with her recipe, I hope to be able to make some for Mr Liow. He started enjoying Assam since we came (I don't think he even tried Assam when we were in Singapore, the irony of it. hehe)

AN had a good time playing with Kimberly. She is still frightened of Issac (who is about 6 months older than AN). He is super friendly and AN gets frightened off by friendliness. haha! She would shun his attempt to give her hugs, pull her hands away when he took her by the hands and even stretched her legs out to prevent him from coming near.

Kimberly on the other hand was patient and waited for AN to warm up (but then she is 8 years old as cmp to Issac who's only 3). When AN finally did, she allowed Kim to carry her and bring her around the house. AN even talked to her and that is something VERY rare! AN does not talk to anyone except Mr Liow and I (besides BM and our parents when they came).

Isabelle said Issac wasn't that 'passionate' about other kids and only showed that much interest in AN. Kimberly agreed and said that on his birthday last month, the kiddos joked that Issac likes AN as his girlfriend. hehe. Isabelle kept laughing at his failed attempts to get near to AN.

Mr Liow, we do have quite a number of applicants already wor.

Kimberly is 8 years old and is expectedly (by norm) sensible enough to be gentle with little children but AN has played with jie jies about that age or even older and did not enjoy. If AN can grow up to be like Kim with a shepherding spirit, that will be nice.

Kim ended up telling Isabelle that she wanted a younger sister which made Isabelle cringe. haha! The last time we asked her hubby, he said he wouldn't mind a 5th child! Isabelle on the other hand said that if the Lord gives, she will receive but she thinks 4 is enough.

Makes me wonder, when AN grows up, maybe I won't mind having more with AN as a helper (if she is a good enough helper to make me want more kids).

Mr Liow and I used to want 5 children but after having just AN, we (mainly I) lost the courage.

I enjoyed my pregnancy with AN, the delivery was smooth, the first year was nice too. Pregnancy was an enjoyment then.

Maybe now as AN passes through the second year of terrible-ness (and my most dreaded food-fussiness), I start to fear that's the start of worse behaviours.

Maybe if AN is a sensible girl, we may end up having 5 children (human) afterall.

Juliet suggested I bring BM for a walk in the park tomorrow and she will be there to help me walk them. But then there might be rain in the early evening, so the plan is pending confirmation.

Poor BM, I think they also need that long walk in the park. Last year during summer and fall, they got quite a few long park walks coz of the cool weather and late sunset. This year was a little different with the sun setting earlier than last year at the same time.

If we ever come back to Tucson for work again, and if BM are still alive, we might choose another estate which allows 2 dogs so that we can walk them both in broad daylight without having to fear being spotted.

I just carried them both into the kitchen. Both of them are knocked out, for some reasons.

It's been a long time since I carried them to bed. Back in Singapore when they were younger, they would lie and look at me with eyes wide open while I carry them to bed. Yes both!

Then as they grow older, they would follow us to the room whenever they saw us switching lights off.

I do miss having them in the same room. At least I miss their paw-steps more than them barking and scratching at the baby gate every morning now, to be let out.

Hope AN gets used to sleeping alone in her own room so that BM get to sleep back in our room again when we go back. Talk about sleeping alone, AN got interested in Issac's toddler bed this afternoon and went in in to lie on it! Her own toddler bed is still in pieces since we came (we did not assemble it coz she seems to not be able to sleep without me at her side). This looks promising, I hope this is a good sign.

Sigh..my darlings...

What a long and out of topic post. hehe, as always.

No comments: