Friday, March 19, 2010

2 more days to Disney World

We'll be leaving for Florida on Saturday and I had been praying AN will recover on time so that she will enjoy herself when we visit her favourite characters. She has already informed me that she wants me to carry her so that she can say "hi" to Mickey and Minnie.

After the puking episode last night (since the last I updated), everything had been peaceful. I've not heard her cough at all as she slept, thank God!!

Offered her hot water this morning only to have her tell me: "Mummy, I'm ok now. I don't need hot hot water anymore." Oh yeah, right. She's good at reasoning now, isn't she? But when she started coughing soon after milk, she asked for her favourite cough syrup saying: "Adrielle needs to take medicine because Adrielle is coughing."

So she does know what is good for her afterall, like hot water and medicine (whether she will take them without putting up a fight is a totally different story).

She looked much better today and had been a sweet baby so far. I think she's sweet when she takes initiative to hug me.

The most tired person in the house has to be Mr Liow. He's on afternoon shift this week but had been waking up early (having only 4 hours of sleep or less) because of the doctor and gynae visit, and waking up every now and then whenever AN coughed the past few nights.

He found a buyer for his car and is now out settling the necessary documents. After that, he's going to have to bring the car for a thorough cleaning before handing it over tomorrow. And he brought AN with him so that I can cook in peace.

I can't say how thankful I am to have his help this past week. I recognise help when I get help, even more so now that he can reasonably sleep in later (coz of his afternoon shift) or not suggest he bring AN with me (so that he can settle the car stuff in peace).

In the past, whenever he was worked late, he would wake up late, probably just in time for lunch, rest a little more before leaving for work again. It was lots of adjustments and I was not too happy that he was either (i)Always sleeping coz he was always tired, or (ii)Always on the computer during his waking moments, or (iii)Always coming back late when he was on morning shift and wouldn't call back to let me know if he would be back very late.

The adjustment period is over and I was better able to cope (or should I say, I gave up expecting too much). I gave up waiting for him to wake up early enough so that we can talk a little more with each other, I gave up waiting for him to finish his game coz I can also watch my TV since he did not appear interested enough to spend quality time with us, and I would have dinner with AN first, or bring her to bed if he still was not home. Didn't even bother to call to ask anymore..It felt so distant, but so?

But this time, I see him putting away those habits, some at his own expense (like having very little sleep because he wants to help me out). I appreciate those gestures, I really really do. I appreciate him calling to let me know when he was on his way back (if late, I could still have dinner with AN first), and more so that he's playing games much lesser now (only when AN is asleep) coz I seriously think it's important he spends quality time with her, which he is now.

Dear, I don't know when you will read have a chance to read this but when you do, please know that your efforts have not gone unnoticed. Thanks for being around this week. It has been a tiring week, and the next week will not be any less tiring coz we should be rushing around trying to finish touring and enjoying the 'Worlds'. Was that why you commented yesterday that tours are always tiring because we never get to rest and you missed the first one and only time we got to rest on a tour in Korea when we sat at the lobby to chat with fellow tourmates?

I think I am feeling much better now. I can take back the load so you can have some time for yourself again.

Thanks for bring AN out so that I can type this, and I'm going back to make onion eggs now. hehe.

No comments: