Thursday, March 4, 2010

Itchy all over!

I've started to itch since about 3 weeks ago, from my shoulders to my ankles.

The bedsheets have been washed, no big changes anywhere else in the house, iRobot is still doing his work...what could be the cause?

It made me wonder for a long time before I suspected it could be the new fabric softener that I had been using on the clothes. I had been using the softener a little too generously, because I like how it made the house smell really pleasant. But then, both Mr Liow and AN seemed to not be bothered by the clothes they wear. Everyone seems to be fine, except me...

*sob*

While randomly reading about week by week foetal developments and comments by other expecting mummies, I came across one asking about itching during first pregnancy and a reply to her suggesting that it could be due to new allergies to old scents.

hmm...sounds logical.

What scents??

*sob*

The itch really irritates me! I get up many times each night to scratch. Every inch of skin of my body is potentially good spot for itchy bumps. There can be nothing when I touch but the moment my fingers touch that particular patch of skin, it starts to itch.

Thank God the bumps and itching have yet to reach my face (and I pray it will go away before reaching my face).

*sob*

How how how?

And I have not been able to sleep soundly. I couldn't get to sleep at night, wake up early at 5-6am each morning, and gets really really tired by the time AN wakes up at about 8-9am lately. By 10-11am, I can be so tired the moment I put my feet up to rest, into dreamland I go...

Thank God that AN had been able to take earlier naps lately too (it's amazing coz she couldn't possibly be sleep that early at 11am when she wakes up at 9am!) so that I could take some rest.

Had taken advices to have small but healthy meals/snacks (peanut butter with whole grain bread, fruits, whole grain cereals etc) and that seems to help keep the nausea under control.

Baileys and Maen had stolen their way out of the kitchen 2 out of 7 days last week and had been sleeping outside our room waiting for us to wake up. Maen managed to break into our room (Maen is a K9 Copperfield) and I was in such deep sleep I did not realise she was licking me. Her licks actually woke AN (who was sleeping beside me) who nudged me to inform me that Maen was in the room.

It actually felt nice to see Maen first thing in the morning..hehe. I missed having both of them jump onto the bed with me the moment Mr Liow left for work in the past. These 2 rascals know Mr Liow do not like them on the bed, and they are always smart enough to know what not to do in his presence.

Still, her presence and licks do not make the itch go away.

We'll be seeing Dr Rachel again on the 10th March. Will be asking her about the bad itching then.

Dear Lord, if it's not necessary that I itch this time, will you make it go away soon, together with nausea and sleepyness. 3 more weeks to the end of my first trimester. I pray these symptoms will not last beyond that!

*yawn*...feeling sleepy already.....*scratch scratch scratch* and still feeling itchy...

No comments: