Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 1 of home alone with AN and BM

Countdown: 13 days

Mr Liow will be away again for the next 14 days. For the first 9 days or so, he'll be on an island where there will be no Internet connections. So we can only communicate by phone.

AN has been seriously stubborn lately. I pray by the grace of God, we will survive with an intact relationship. It's an everyday prayer that I remain sane and patient whenever AN gets stubborn but she can be so terrible lately that nothing will make her change her mind once she's decided to do something. If she needs to get into a fit or scream her way through, she will do it all day. And my patience runs really thin, only recharging whenever Mr Liow comes back from work. He's also experienced for himself how frightening that behaviour can be :(

So, terrible 2 is really nothing compared to this.

On a side note, as much a she's hard to handle, we do see her trying to learn to get better. During the Florida trip, she's learnt to try to share things with younger kids. It takes a lot of talking to her and coaxing and she only showed signs of improving towards end of trip. Good enough for us.

Once, this kpo girl attempted to snatch a toy from KJ because KJ's dad asked him to leave it. KJ is only 18 mths old and takes a while to obey, if he does. AN wasn't an angel at 18 mths too. So, she thought she was doing uncle a favour by snatching without realizing that would inccur KJ's anger.

True enough, KJ smacked her (on the back or somewhere but I didn't think it hurt). KJ got disciplined for that but while he was getting an earful, she actually went to get him another (of his own toy..over her dead body will she offer her own) and pushed it at him. Of course, KJ was in no mood to reciprocate by then, but that action of hers melted Mr Liow and I.

She's not totally bad. I just have to find the right way to get my message across. But, how? Can I have a wish? I'll wish for wisdom like Solomon did.

I pray that there'll not be a struggle whether to stay upstairs or to downstairs when she wakes up later. Oh, and I don't wish to have to give time out just to get her to brush her teeth. Please pray for me that I will have superhuman patience for today. And that we will be able to communicate on the same frequency.

Prov 3:5-6 (thanks Michy, somehow I think I noe u better than just a passerby)

Updated @ 8pm:
Thank God AN had been a good girl today. She was willing to obey with a little negotiating (better than totally insisting to have her way yesterday) and had enough of little snacks here and there to make up calories (still very little but I'm not asking for too much). She had been polite, did not shout, was much much more cheerful than a few days back and all. I hope those tanthrums were results of her feeling unwell for a long time and will not return again once gone. Amen!

For all these while when AN made me cry, Maen was within inches of my reach watching me closely. She's my angel. It's like she'll never let me be through anything alone and had on every single occassion, observed me closely with her soft gaze. Oh my goodness... How much I love this gentle spirit inside the body of a supposed ferocious wolf descendant....

Took my weight this morning and I was 45.3kg. For the first time in my life, I am worried that I have not been putting on weight. In fact my weight had gone down. From the last time I put on weight before I got pregnant, till I was expected to gradually see an increase, I've lost at least 2kg.

Then again, my weight had been fluctuating on some days. Some days ago, I was 46.9kg. Was that water retention? So soon? Oops.

No comments: