Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 2: AN's 1st encounter with death + random updates

Countdown: 12 days

I killed our sea monkeys! Was lazy to measure out the tiny portion of their feed, so I tried to gently pour the powder into the tank. Too much came out (almost a month's amount I think) but it didn't bother me much. Thought they should know not to overeat. Maybe they did not, but mostl of them died over a matter of 8 hours. Only 2 survivors and they are 'children'. Mr Liow was just telling me there were many new 'babies' few days ago. I'm sorry dear. I killed those babies :(

Next update, AN weighs 9.7kg. Uh-oh.... She's officially gone 1kg down from her highest weight before she got sick :( how long more will it take to pile them back on?

She woke up at 6am this morning, asked for apple juice and kept herself happy till about 7am when she asked to go downstairs. I gave in to her and thank God she was willing to brush her teeth, except that she didn't want me to help. Better some brushing than none, so I didn't insist.

It's been a month since she went to Gymboree. Will be bringing her for music class later. She's excited :)

Updated @ 11pm: This marks the end of Day 2 (with 12 more days to go). AN had been good and adorable, very giggly today. She was shy in class but participated in most of what Ms Angela did with the kids.

I can see her trying to remember to ask for things in the right manner and since she was in a good mood today, she was polite: "Mummy, can I (whatever she wanted)?".

She had 4 hours of nap this afternoon (maybe coz she woke up early at 6am in this morning) and we spent some time outside playing with bubbles. Mr Liow got her a bubble blower thingy which she couldn't stop asking for permission to play with. Took a little coaxing to get her to stop but she did. Baileys was in the house trying to dig his way out to join us (Baileys ADORES bubbles as much as AN does! Maen didn't care much for it though, but was happy jumping onto the panicky Baileys who realised we did not intend to have his participation.) AN, while enjoying the bubble session, kept commanding Baileys to "Stop it (scratching at and banging on the door)".

Nothing much for today. It's playgym for her tomorrow. She's going to enjoy herself again, if she doesn't wake up that early again tomorrow morning and can afford to stay awake till her gym time.

Mr Liow has finally reached San Diego (he was in Yuma whole of yesterday). Thank God for journey mercy. 12 more days to go. Feels like forever before he'll be home again but I'm sure time will fly. By the time he gets home, it will not be long before we rush into packing and then return to Singapore. I miss Singapore food terribly (and the thought of them makes me cringe in hunger at times...oh gosh...)

I can't wait to tuck into rojak, fish sliches soup @ Compasspoint, Fried Hokkien Mee, Old Chang Kee curry puffs & cuttlefishballs, fishball noodles, LONTONG....

Bad idea to start listing them out....I'm going to dream them up tonight else I'll wake up very depressed tomorrow morning.

No comments: