Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 3: the shopping instinct emerges

Countdown: 11 days

Whenever Mr Liow is not around, the urge to shop online gets overpowering. The last exercise he went on, I bought lots of MAC makeup (mainly coz my card was expiring) and there were sales from other brands. But these are not solely for myself. It's for work, so ... My heart still skips a beat whenever I pull them out of their boxes once in a while. AN will ask that I open them up for her to try, and then I will have to sacrifice my own 'collection' which are also new so that she can experience the different types of makeup in this era. And it makes me happy to try them (when will I ever get to use them again, now with number 2 and no motivation to maintain a positive 'image'). I have to keep up with the trend for work's sake, if not for myself, or Mr Liow.

I've been window shopping online again lately, putting things into shopping carts but not checking out. Hehe. That's 'Window' shopping, same word, different way. Bought a brush toolbelt that I'd almost forgotten about and am looking out for train cases now. It'll be nice to be one from here coz there are pratically zero choices in Sgp.

And abt AN, things had been manageable so far. She was a little stubborn with things again but there was no need for KO sessions and we got by with each taking a step back. I forgot to buckle up up in the carseat before driving off just now and she only realised it at a traffic junction. She then exclaimed in horror: "Mummy! You forgot to buckle me!!"

Her reaction made me laugh and then I told her i'd stop at the nearest parking lot to buckle her in. She then warned me saying: "You have to make sure the police don't disturb me ok?" hahaha! She was worried about getting caught by the police. So funny.

She's been checking in with me about her own weight issues everyday as well, coz I had been telling her that she lost weight and that ribs are not supposed to be so obvious when undressed. So she's been rubbing her ribcage and asking me: "Mummy, my ribs are not there anymore?". I told her Milo makes her sick when she was coughing then and when I asked if she wanted Milo last evening, she went: "No mummy. Milo makes me sick." hahaha! And when I'm starting to relax my control over her ice-cream / chocolate intake lately, she will ask everytime: "Mummy, Adrielle not sick anymore?"

She wants to be sure she knows what's happening now and if I tell her that she's recovered (which I did once), she will have good reasons to ask for more unhealthy snacks. So now I tell her she's recovering, but not totally well, which is not untrue.

Jut before naptime a while ago, I had a Hershey's kisses and washed it down with a cup of water before lying down with AN. But as she kissed me, her eyes widened. She then said: "Mummy, your breath smells like chocolate." Oops. I had to be honest about it and when she asked to have one too, I promised her one after she wakes up later.

There's nothing you can hide from them... Sigh...

Pray the rest of the day will be just as manageable.

No comments: