Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 4

Countdown: 10 days

Talking about shopping instinct, I've gone on Amazon to stock up on AN's bathing stuff. Had been using Mustela hair and body on her for the past 2 years with bubble baths in between. As an infant, a tiny bottle of baby bath lasted her almost a year but since she grew a little bigger and has longer hair now, we've completed 1 of 16oz hair & body and 2.5 of 16oz of bubble bath.

So with no. 2 in consideration, I ordered 10 bottles of bubble baths (I like natural scents like essential oils and those found in Sgp are not easily available), some hair & body shampoo and conditioner.

And then I read about frequent bubble baths causing UTI, bladder infections and such in girls (as well as women but I hardly soak on bubble baths so I'm not worried for myself as much). It may also affect the male species too, although less like due to our gender specific body part.

Thank God Amazon is flexible and that I got convinced after half hour of reading similar articles from different sources which agree with each other and I had part of that order cancelled. Will still buy a few bottles for them to soak in together once in a while and I have to convince AN about having no more daily bubble baths starting from today.

She's been touching her bottom front since months back. We thought it was just bad habit when she said it was not because it was itching or hurting. The skin around looked normal, she didn't seem to have problems peeing and life is now back to normal. She just places her hand 'there' sometimes.

Hmm... Now I have another question to ask Dr Bean when she goes for checkup.

AN had a nightmare last night and woke up crying. When I tried to hug her, she pushed me away. I think she dreamt that she was angry with me. Hehe. Took her a few minutes to come back to reality and then she nursed to sleep again. Nursing really is a fast way to put a child to bed. And I get my rest without having to wait for her to fall asleep first. But she's older now and with another coming, it has to be soon that she learns to sleep by herself.

She had been proudly telling us:"I don't need mem mem to go sleep anymore!" but after tossing around for a while, she would smile in embarrasment and pat me on my chest while whispering: "Mummy, mem mem please?" I think she's trying.

Ok, it's the start of a brand new day. I pray the same today, that we will be able to communicate in peace, that I will have superhuman patience and that she will not be too stubborn. Her eating and drinking habits have gone back to normal, thank God! She's snacking on biscuits had juice during tea time and that gives her extra calories. Am not too worried that she's not eating enough during meals now.

Updated @ 12pm:
Mr Liow just called to say there is no reception on the island so there is only a shared phone that I can get him by only when urgent. So, there's no internet, no phone network...and I will not be able to get him unless he calls back which he will nt likely be able to because the phone he called me from was an official phone. *duh*

And he just got to know that he will not be going to the 'mainland' and will have to remain in the island all the way till the last day.

Was thinking to myself that time is passing fast, that its only 10 more days. Now, nope, coz 10 days without hearing from him is going to feel VERY LONG!! Oh no.... :( Pray that these guys will be healthy and well...I wonder what will happen if any of them falls sick .... *touch wood*

Updated @ 8pm:
Our internet almost got suspended coz it slipped Mr Liow's mind to pay up before he left and I have no login details to pay up...It's urgent and necessary because it's one of AN's daily needs.

Posting on FB helped coz the wives of the guys also away helped! One of the pilot' wife called her hubby up and her hubby helped call the ang mo on the island and soon, Mr Liow called me. He thought it was something serious coz the whole world was asking him to call home. hehe.

Liping, if you happen to read this, thanks soo soooooo much for getting scrappy to find chris!

While desperate and not expecting Mr Liow to return call, I managed to get onto a livechat with comcast staff and it took us an hour to get him to reset my account. The staff was prompt and polite but AN was the one who had been so busy distracting me!

She needed to pee, and then 5 mins later said she wanted to poop. She dug into every drawer and started asking me the history of things she found. When a small child is bored, she can get irritating, especially when you are urgently trying to settle these things so that she can continue to enjoy going online. Haiyo!

While she was pooping, Mr Liow called. The poor baby had to poop a string of waste and stop at that because of the call. hehe.

The moment I clicked on the "submit" button and felt the wave of relief, the little one exclaimed: "Mummy!! The house is in a big mess!"

sigh ....

I need to go clear up the aftermath of a toddler-induced hurricane now.

No comments: