Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day 5: not everyday is sunday

Countdown: 9 days

Not everyday is Sunday.

For 4 days, AN was ok.

Then there has to be a day when she wants to do exactly opposite of what I ask of her.

She didn't want to brush her teeth in the morning again but did after a tanthrum session. And then when I was busy cooking, she insisted she wanted me to read to her and wanted me to do it "NOW". I couldn't, so she started screaming.

The moment I was done cooking, she said she wanted to sleep. Ok, since she won't be eating well when sleepy.

From 2 pm, she tossed and turned, asked for biscuits, asked for milk, asked to be read to. All the way till 4pm and she still was not sleeping.

I made her wake up for have her super late lunch since she didn't want to sleep. That meant she will not be able to have dinner and probably fuss to sleep by 7pm...or worst, earlier.

True enough, less than 10 mins into her meal, she stopped chewing and started rubbing her eyes. Time now is 5pm and she still has that mouthful of food trapped in there, for the past half an hr or so since she started her first scoop of food.

That time when I was hospitalised, the nurse said the doctor would not release me till my blood pressure went up and she was asked to agitate me. I joked that the best person for that would be my daughter. On a more serious thought, I was not really joking.

Used to suffer from low blood pressure a lot but I've now gone up to a more normal blood pressure. That's one good thing about having kids for people like me. They help bring your blood pressure up.





Updated @ 2346hrs:
This is not a perfect day but not way too bad either. I love AN. Much as she's struggling with growing up, she's also learning to be apologetic for behaviours that are not acceptable. I'm trying to not let anger prevent me from forgiving her once she said sorry (the anger sure lasts longer than I'd like it to) so the moment she apologised, I'll try my best not to frown and be gentler in my tone of voice (no matter how upset I still felt). It does seem helpful in that she knows I am no longer upset and I can see how much faster her mood gets lifted too.

I love her. But I need to discipline bad behaviour and being human, bad behaviour gets on my nerves. Praying that I will not explode when I'm teaching her not to raise her voice. Loud vs loud is not a good equation in this case.

Oh yes, I almost forgot to note this: I had a wierd dream last night.

I dreamt I felt contraction but no pains early one morning. Mr Liow was with me and we were back home in Sgp. Everything was exactly like how I felt my labour pain on 15th April 2007, the day of AN's birth. I got up from bed, took a seat in the living room while deciding whether or not baby was due (I felt terrible cramps during contractions at that time, but nothing in my dream). I don't think I saw AN in my dreams but when Mr Liow decided to drive me to Mt. Alvernia, I started to list out the many things he had to do in my absence. I was worried BM would jump out of the window (for those who didn't know, we stay in an apartment on level 16) for whatever reasons, so he had to ensure windows were not wide open before he left the house. Jumping out of windows is something they have obviously not tried but they only have to do it once and I will lose them forever.

And I think I reminded Mr Liow about something to do with AN but details feel very vague.

Have no idea what that dream meant but I'm already wondering if AN will be able to sleep without me at home when the time comes. Wonder if she will be crying for me. She'll be 3.5yrs old by then, relatively matured enough... but, will she miss me? Hee.

1 comment:

min said...

i like this sentence!
[That's one good thing about having kids for people like me.(low bld pressure) They help bring your blood pressure up.]
hahaha. Do take care!