Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 9: Gyne visit

Countdown: 5 days

I had an appointment with my gyne at 10am and had to wake AN up early. She lazed around a little too long and woke up too late for breakfast so she had none before we left home.

She was a very good girl at the clinic and remained seated throughout the whole session. One thing I didn't like was that we do not get to see the baby. Dr Henry Cheng showed us the baby at every single visit and we even got pictures of AN every month. This time, the only one we got was of it during its 8th week. But there was heartbeat and that's all matters for now. AN smiled when she heard the baby heartbeat. Before the doctor came, she pretended to be one and brought in a "computer" with her. She then pointed to her "computer" and professionally told me to "See? That's the baby."

After we were done with the checkup, we went to LeeLee to stock up on oriental groceries. AN asked to have Mac & Cheese. Must have been starving coz she's not had breakfast. It was a quick "grab and go" shopping and then we headed off to her favourite restaurant.

She got her mac & cheese and I ordered my unlimited soup & salad combo. This is the first time I brought her out for meals on my own. It was quite fun. Hehe. We ate, chatted and laughed. I should do this more with her. It felt so different, like as if we were friends. She saw me asking for a second helping of soup and salad and said she wanted more macaroni too. I would be thankful enough if she could finish her portion. If she wanted more after wiping her plate out, I'll gladly order another one for her. She had a good portion even though she could not finish her food. As long as she eats, I'm not too particular about the amount (of course, if she takes just 3 mouthfuls and says she had enough, I'd probably try talk her into having more.)

She's been good the past few days. There is still room for improvement when it comes to speaking politely. Her tone of voice sounded rude to me many times. I think I should listen to myself speak these few days. Must have picked it up from me.

Mr Liow will be out of the island on Friday and he shld hv Internet access then. So even if we cannot talk on the phone still, we can at least video-conference through msn.

It's Thurs tomorrow. AN will turn 3 tomorrow. I told her it's going to be her birthday but she didn't believe me. I'm bringing her to Isabelle's place tomorrow. No cakes, just pizza. Not so much of a celebration but I know she will enjoy herself with Kimberly and Issac and hopes to make her happy on this day. Didn't wanna get her a cake in case she doesn't wanna celebrate her birthday with Mr Liow when he comes home next week. We'll leave it till then.

No comments: